Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lamb Shepherds Pie Recipe and Winner



Simple easy comfort foods, I just love fall. This is a lamb bottom layer, filled with mashed potatoes and topped with cheese and corn. Pass the brown gravy and you have a very filling meal here.


1 lb ground lamb
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 bell pepper chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon each oregano, salt, pepper, parsley
2 lbs of  garlic mashed potatoes
1 can of vegetables of choice, peas, corn, or a mix of peas and carrots
1 cup shredded colby cheese

In a medium size bowl mix lamb, egg, bread crumbs, peppers, garlic and herbs. Press into a 3 quart casserole dish. Bake for 25 minute till lamb is brown. Filled with mashed potatoes, top with cheese, add corn to the top. Bake all together until cheese is melted. Serve with lots of hot brown gravy gravy on top.

And  now to announce the  winner is Joanne, please email me with your information and I will get this right out to you!,

Congrats and thanks form entering the giveaway! Hope you enjoy the whisk, spatula and Spice giveaway!

True Random Number Generator



8 Powered by RANDOM.ORG

20 comments:

Ann said...

I've never been one for lamb, but you made it look amazing! I'd definitely try it!

Tina said...

This looks like a much better version of shepherds pie than the one I had at the Irish festival years ago. I am glad that you have noted that the gravy is served separately-I would rather measure it out to my own liking than have some soupy serving.
Great choice of meat and nicely layered-thanks for sharing this one Claudia-yum!

Greg said...

Lamb, I promise no baaad jokes. I bet this is incredible. Cool weather coming at the end of the week. This will be a good hearty dish to warm me up. Plus it will get me in the mood for my trip to Ireland.

Big Dude said...

I'm a fan of shepherds pie, but don't believe I've made the REAL lamb version. Please check my blog today if you get a chance.

Curt said...

Very tasty looking. My wife just made Shepard's pie this weekend. Or cottage pie as she calls it.

That looks awesome with the corn!

Claudia said...

I've never done this cheese. That would add melty goodness! Comforting fare from Florida!

Pam said...

It looks delicious! I haven't eaten much lamb so should try this!

Emily Malloy said...

This looks so good, Claudia!

FOODESSA said...

Claudia...This dish has been a staple on our menu. Mostly done the same way except for a few twists here an there. The garlic mashed potatoes will certainly be a twist I'll have to try next time as well ;o)

Have a great day and flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, This is a perfect fall meal. I love meals like this. Have a great day. Blessings, Catherine xo

Trix said...

Great minds think alike - I just made my own version of this dish this week. Yum! xoxo

Reeni said...

I love sheperds pie - you did it up right with the lamb! Love all that corn you topped it with!

Shelby said...

Grumpy loves shepherds pie but I didn't grow up with it so I don't know much about it or think of making it. I should try it for him but I would probably skip the lamb...I have not ever been able to eat lamb. Maybe is psychological...not sure!

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks yummy wonderfully done

Vicki Bensinger said...

This is great comfort food and I love that you use garlic mashed potatoes. I will definitely try your version

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Wow this looks amazing! Shepherd's Pie is my favorite, never tried it with lamb! Yum :)

Christine's Pantry said...

I've never tried lamb. Recipe sounds good.

Congrats to the winner.

Kim Bee said...

This looks so good. I love shepherds pie. I disliked it as a kid but have grown to love it as an adult. Your version is amazing.

healthyfoodietravels said...

Looks great! I loved shepherd's pie back in Ireland, with any sort of meat, so I'm sure this would be a winner :)

Peggy said...

Shepherds pie is one of my favorites! This sounds delicious Claudia =)