Saturday, October 1, 2011

Crockpot Rump Roast Mushroom Marsala






1 (3 pound) boneless beef roast, such as bottom round or rump roast
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, cut into thick slivers
1/4 cup water
1/2  cup beef broth
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1 pound of baby bella mushrooms washed, clean
oregano and garlic powder
Sprig fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon wondra flour or cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter

Place the roast in a shallow baking dish and rub with the salt and pepper garlic powder and a little oregano. Using a thin sharp knife, poke slits all over the top and sides of the roast and stuff each slit with a garlic halves. Add 1/2 cup Marsala wine. Refrigerate overnight.
 Place the beef  in the crockpot adding 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup broth, and  marinade wine from the pan, into the bottom of the pot. Place mushrooms on top of the meat.  Put the crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove the roast and let sit while making the gravy.
One half hour before cook time is completed, put crockpot on high and add the remaining wine. Add a large sprig of fresh rosemary to the sauce. Stir the constarch or wondra flour into the remaining 1/4 cup broth and then whisk into the sauce. Put into the crockpot cook until thickened. Remove the rosemary sprig, stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slice the beef.  Serve the sauce and mushrooms. Great over boiled rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.

24 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks absolutely delish! I really really have to get myself a crock pot!

Blackswan said...

Smells good! It's a nice combination :)

Dzoli said...

I love when you use mushroom in your great dishes;)

notedicioccolato said...

I don't like meat very much but your roast looks very very appetizing dear. It's tempting. Bye, have a great we

Lenia said...

It looks mouthwatering!Have a great month,dear!

Tanya - Three Square Meals said...

Looks delicious! Today is he first day we have had "cool" weather (69 degrees) here in Central Florida. Your dish looks like a great autumn meal!

Curt said...

Wow, does that ever look tender. And with the garlic and mushrooms, I'll bet it's mighty tasty too!

Candace said...

I have never thought of using Marsala with a roast before. That's awesome! I've pinned this one to make soon. Thanks!

A multi-dimensional life said...

Thanks for sharing this. I need to use my crockpot more and this looks great!

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, This is a beautiful fall dish. I love this type of meal.
Blessings, Catherine xo

Pam said...

It sounds good to me. Love that beef and I know it has to be tender cooked this way!

Vicki Bensinger said...

This sounds great but then again I love anything with Marsala.

How on earth do you post daily. You're one busy gal!

Suzanne said...

Can't wait to make this! Always love beef, mushrooms and have a bottle of nice Marsala just waiting to be used. Perfect!

Megan's Cookin' said...

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites and I cant wait to try it with beef. And in the crockpot is a bonus!

Lizzy said...

This looks wonderful, Claudia!

Leslie said...

Crockpot beef is the best...all some mushrooms and YUM

Inessa said...

Thanks for sharing. I use my crock pot a lot. this recipe will be great addition to my collection. Love your blog.

createwithmom said...

this is a delicious combination Claudia
hope all is well in your end regards Akheela

Veronica Gantley said...

I love crock pot recipes. I never thought of adding marsala to my pot roast. I may have to try that next time.

Kimberly (Unrivaledkitch) said...

I'm so excited to get to using to crock pot again. Yum this looks lovely :)

Erin said...

Marsala is a favorite of mine, love the idea of making with a roast in the crock pot! Great recipe!

Ann said...

Sounds like a delicious flavor combination! Thanks for sharing - and I love roast!

Peggy said...

This roast looks great Claudia! Definitely a great meal to throw in the crockpot during the bust weeknights =)

Jennifer said...

Looks wonderful - bookmarking your recipe!