Crockpot Pork Mushroom Marsala with Linguine

Tuesday, October 11, 2011






Crockpot Pork Marsala

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon dry mustard powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder

pinch of cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon oregano

1/4 teaspoon rosemary

1/4 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

6 boneless butterfly style pork chops

4 tablespoons canola oil

1 lb of fresh cleaned and rinsed sliced mushrooms

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 can (10.75 ounce size) condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup Marsala wine

cooking spray

1 pound of your favorite cooked pasta ( cooked in salted water)

optional garlic cheddar biscuits (recipe highlighted just click on it)

grating cheese and parsley optional for garnish


Mix in a large plastic bag, flour herbs, mustard and spices. Shake the pork chops in the mixture. Shake off and excess flour. Sautee with 1 teaspoon garlic and oil turning once to brown on both sides.

Add the mushrooms, rest of garlic minced, mushroom soup and wine in a bowl mixing together. Place pork in oil sprayed crockpot, pour marsala mixture over them and place on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve with cooked linguine and garlic cheddar biscuits.

14 comments

  1. I still to have dinner and I'd like to have your tasty pasta dish right now :) It's very tempting so rich and flavourfull. Bye, have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. Chicken Marsala has always been a family favorite at my house. I am going to have to try this now that the family keeps getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious Claudia! Have fun in your meetings =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I know this would be a tremendous hit in our house.
    The crockpot becomes my best friend in the cooler months as well. So much time saved :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great crock pot recipe! As a working wifey I pretty can't life without mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son-in-law is in retail and I know from now until ?, he's just bussssy. This is perfect for someone who just wants good food at the end of a busy day. It's a saver, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a hearty dinner, certainly welcome this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worked retail sales for so many years when the kids were younger. I welcomed the busyness of the season - but our managers were just fried. I love the good use you make out of the crockpot - the Marsala is a spectacular idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Claudia, It is the truth! There is not any down~time these days for anything! Have a safe trip. I will look forward to your visits when you get home.
    The pork marsala sounds divine. Blessings from, Your friend, Catherine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love chicken marsala, different than this. Can't wait to try this crockpot concoction. Love your use of herbs and spices.
    Going to mention your sausage and peppers in my tailgate foods blog, because it is well written and so delish.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous meal for those busy days...and I'm sure the house smells amazing while this is cooking~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks incredibly delicious! Yum! Thanks for sharing, and we'll miss you while you're gone Claudia! ='(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes things can get hectic, so a crockpot is the way to go. This does look delicious.
    I really hate missing out on my foodie friends posts, but sometimes life does take over-I look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsa! It never occurred to me that you could do pork marsala in a crockpot. GENIUS!

    Buzzed :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia