Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chicken Rigatoni with Spicy Hot Sauce


8 ounces uncooked pasta of choice
1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder plus 2 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic
salt and pepper to taste
dash cayenne
2 cups chicken that has been sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with hot sauce... cool then chopped in chunks
1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
optional : 2 small hot peppers chopped, chopped olives, 1/4 cup finely chopped celery(add to tomato mixture)
1 cup blue cheese dressing
optional: 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles

Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.

Meanwhile,  in a medium size bowl, whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic then garlic powder, salt and pepper cayenne to taste add chopped tomatoes and mix together till well combined.

Place pasta in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, blue cheese dressing. Add above sauce and toss,add more hot sauce if needed. Serve. Garnish with shredded cheese of choice.

16 comments:

Dzoli said...

Just about to make dinenr.With chicken.Checked most ingredients from your recepie in house.PPerfect.Looking forward to it:)

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

Well, I will tell you that I want to eat this RIGHT NOW!!! Yum! Please invite me over the next time you make this?? :)
Thanks for sharing, it looks DELICIOUS.
Best,
Gloria

Federica said...

What a rich and tasty pasta. I like that spicy hot sauce very much :) Can I come to have lunch with you? Bye, have a great we

Rosemary said...

This would please my husband to no end if I made this tonight! Like Dzoli said, a quick scan of the pantry and fridge -- I think I have it. Like Buffalo Chicken. Thanks for sharing!

ARLENE said...

A great pairing of chicken and pasta. Is it just me, or have they started labeling all sorts of pasta shapes as rigatoni? The rigatoni I love are the larger, flat shape, but it's so hard to find them anymore.

Katherines Corner said...

yummmmmmmmm, is that enough m's? Maybe just two more mm. Hugs and happy Weekend!

Drick said...

Claudia, have never seen a hot wing pasta dish, but you've got a good one going on here, at least that's what it sounds like... so clever and I know it is good, like you, love that hot sauce...

Curt said...

It doesn't sound too hot for me, but then I'm not sure what all is in Frank's hot sauce.

It sure does look mighty tasty!

Greg said...

Wow wings meet pasta!

Claudia said...

How fun - Buffalo wings meets rigatoni - it wold almost be from Calabria with a little southern heat mixed in!

Belinda @zomppa said...

I LOVE it hot!

Vicki Bensinger said...

I never thought of using hot sauce on my pasta. I'm sure this would be gre at and the noodles would help to soak up the heat.

Roz from 'la bella vita' said...

This sounds like just what the doctor ordered, since I have a head cold and stuffy nose . . . HOT foods always help me clear up! Yummy too!

Catherine said...

Claudia ~ I love spicy so I know I would love this. Blessings, Catherine xo

Inessa said...

Looking forward to try this great recipe. YUM!!!

Richard said...

Stunning dish. You should get that on mydish.co.uk. They need chicken recipes like yours. Plus, you can get loads more people seeing your great food :)