Nutella Dipped Frozen Bananas

Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Nutella-dipped frozen bananas are one of the childhood memories and a very quick treat.

There is really no cooking involved and with just two ingredients and some parchment paper, if you are a chocolate-covered banana lover, this will be heaven on a toothpick stick!

Delicious especially on a hot summer's day!


I like to tell myself, they are a frozen ice cream treat that's healthy because they're bananas!!


We all know these are full of sugar in the Nutella so healthier they aren't but they sure are delicious!

A little summer indulgence never hurts!

Nutella is a delicious hazelnut spread confection I use in many desserts like my Nutella Frangelico Cheesecake, Chocolate Nutella Rice Krispie Treats, and my Nutella Chocolate Mousse Tart.

these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper








What is Nutella?



Nutella is a sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread made by Ferrero, an Italian company that's the third-largest chocolate producer in the world.


It is not a substitute for nut butter.


Nutella is described as a chocolate and hazelnut spread, although it is mostly made of sugar and palm oil.


Nutella is made from sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, soy lecithin, and vanillin.



However, if you want to make a great homemade version over the store-bought try this recipe here.



these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper



Other Suggestions



Nutella also pairs well with strawberries and apples.


Some folks are allergic to bananas, so other fruits are a great alternative, they just need to be freezable, try any kind you prefer.


If you are looking for a way to make your latte or hot chocolate significantly better, try giving it a swirl of Nutella.




these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper


Cutting the Bananas or Not?


Bananas left whole or cut into chunks as I did it depends if you want to make them look super nice or store-bought or in a hurry like I was and just a quick version.


I didn't smooth them out here with the back of the spoon, I just glopped it on and froze them! I couldn't wait to eat these, they are one of my favorite desserts, even as a child!





these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper





Pin for later


these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper






Slice every two inches after they are frozen and eat using a very sharp knife! Refreeze cut leftovers in a zip lock bag.



Toothpicks or wooden skewers




NOTE if you can't find Nutella ( use a good grade melted chocolate with heavy cream in equal amounts 1 cup of cream 1 cup of chocolate, which makes a ganache see the recipe for ganache) or click here for homemade Nutella Recipe from Curt's Delectable Blog.) proceed with directions below.



Ingredients for Nutella Dipped Frozen Bananas


  • Nutella
  • Bananas
  • Toothpicks
  • Optional for rolling: 
  • crushed cookies of your choice, crushed graham crackers, finely chopped hazelnuts, chocolate sprinkles or crushed almonds or mini chocolate chips
  • Parchment paper




these are banana dipped in Nutella and frozen with a toothpick in them on parchment paper


frozen banana, nutella banana, banana recipes
frozen foods, banana recipes, frozen banana recipes
American
Author: Claudia Lamascolo
Nutella Dipped Frozen Bananas

Nutella Dipped Frozen Bananas

Nutella-covered bananas are the easiest summer treat that's frozen ever! Just wait until you make these easy treats. Nutella lovers beware, they are addicting!

Ingredients

  • Nutella
  • Bananas
  • Toothpicks
  • Parchment paper
  • Optional for rolling: crushed cookies of your choice, crushed graham crackers, finely chopped hazelnuts, chocolate sprinkles or crushed almonds or mini chocolate chips Parchment paper

Instructions

  1. Slice banana in 2 or 3-inch long chunks or (left whole and cut later) Tip: (easiest to spread on frozen first)
  2. Place the banana on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, with a spreader, spread Nutella on the bottom of a whole (skin-off) banana place on a parchment-lined sheet pan or dip chunks into Nutella and place on parchment paper.
  3. Then smooth the top of the banana with the back part of the teaspoon to carefully cover any parts of the banana still showing sealing all the way around with Nutella.
  4. Caution: Do not try to microwave Nutella like chocolate, it doesn't melt!
  5. Note: (If using nuts line the bottom of the parchment with nuts first, Nutella, place banana on top of this mixture, and proceed the same for the top using Nutella first then sprinkle with nuts.)
  6. A little messy but you're going to like the results and taste later!
  7. Put the bananas on a lined cookie sheet, (parchment paper is the best, it will release easier).
  8. Place a toothpick every two to three inches apart in the banana and freeze for at least an hour.
  9. After they are partially frozen, store them in airtight containers or in zip-lock bags.



35 comments

  1. What a great idea.And I am surprised that banan kept this nice colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and banana...frozen to deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of the chocolate covered bananas you can buy in Disney! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another creative recipe, Claudia! Hey sweetie, I've tagged u in Play The 7 Links Challenge! simply because I miss u. Great having u as a blogger friend! Chk it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you believe I'm out of Nutella? Have to go shopping so I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a more delicious way to taste bananas! Great ^__^ Bye dear, have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I want to try this easy recipe too :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, can this combination be bad? I think this should count as breakfast, lunch, dinner...and snack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a quick and delicious recipe to get a sugar fix...beautiful (and I can relate to the photography dilemma...a constant challenge, isn't it????).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now there's something I definitely need to try.

    Those look and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so delicious. I love frozen dipped bananas. One time I had dipped mine in chocolate with crumbled Butterfingers. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE frozen bananas! I like how you made bite sized pieces. This is perfect for a crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE frozen bananas! I like how you made bite sized pieces. This is perfect for a crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best idea yet as to how to incorporate more potassium into your diet! Utterly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful idea. I know the flavors are complimentary. The best part of your recipe is that it is so easy to do. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!! Can't wait to make these with my granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two of my favorite flavors/foods!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this idea, will make a snack like this for 5 Star Foodie Jr. she loves nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It must be Nutella Day because yours is the second Nutella recipe I've read in the past 3 minutes. And now I have to go because I have one banana left and just enough time for it to freeze before I go to bed. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Claudia, Nutella is a favorite in this house!!! A jar does not last long between my son and daughter. Nutella just seems to go with everything. I so like frozen banana's and put Nutella on one and I will be very happy. Have a good night and please stay safe with the storm. Blessings, Catherine ox

    ReplyDelete
  22. and you think you have to convince us these are great??? but then, they may go down as one of your more tortured/obscure photos...

    ReplyDelete
  23. A combo made in heaven Claudia. Mighty creative!!! Perfect snack for these hot Florida afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now that is what I call an awesome frozen treat. You may have cut these into little pieces, but I am sure that more than one was requested. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can tell you're a Nutella lover. I love chocolate covered bananas so I'm sure these are delish! I still need to make your nutella rice krispy treats.

    Fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I bet they tasted fantastic! How can you not love bananas and nutella together?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the first picture..it's like popping out of the screen calling me name:)) Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love chocolate covered bananas so nutella is a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love frozen bananas. I eat them every day. If I added Nutella to them I would be unstoppable!! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This definitely looks like an eat quickly sort of treat.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gosh Claudia, is there anything you don't know how to work out with? Hats off!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh heavens, these are delightful! One of my all time favorite treats are frozen banana...and now this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love desserts made with fresh bananas, especially when they are frozen. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia