Monday, August 1, 2011

Nothing Special Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats with Nutella Drizzle

My husband is a Krispy treat lover~ an easy to make anytime buttery flavored kind of cookie candy fun!  Mine are just a little different, we like them ooey gooey and soft!

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
10 oz bag of  mini marshmallows
6 cups chocolate rice krispy cereal
Nutella

I use a heavy duty sauce pan, melt the butter on low, I NEVER use margarine. There is extra butter than the normal recipe (that you see on other web recipes) the extra amount of butter will keep them softer, I prefer this softer kind than the hard versions. These are soft and gooey like we both like them.
I love chocolate krispy cereal so I use that kind instead of the white version.

So here it is. Melt the butter, add the marshmallows, stir constantly until just melted, do not scorch or over cook, or your squares will be hard as a rock.  Add the cereal, blending together quickly. Pour into parchment lined pan. I prefer using a square small pan to make them thicker.

Tips: use only fresh marshmallows and cereal. When pouring the hot mixture into a parchment lined pan ( square baking pan) I like to pat it down with a spatula and  to make them evenly pressed together. Cool before cutting if you can wait!

The last thing I do is drizzle some nutella on top.. these never last a day!

Totally addicting!

Now here's an amazing picture I found @Sweet T Makes Three thanks so much for sharing, she has others at her wonderful site too, check them out!
The World LARGEST RICE KRISPIE TREAT!


34 comments:

Bo said...

I love Rice Krispie treats and love Nutella!

Federica said...

I could be totally addicted too! I'd like to have one of those greedy crispy bars right now. Bye, have a great week

Vicki Bensinger said...

Wow I love this way of preparing Rice Krispie treats. I wish I had thought of it. It's almost like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup with the chocolate krispies topped with Nutella. These are so gourmet! I can't wait to try them. What a great idea.

Big Dude said...

I'm not usually a fan of rice crispy or marshmellow anything but our neighbor brought some chocolate covered rice crispy treats down the other night and I enjoyed them. Yours look very good and I'm sure I'd enjoy them as well - especially with the chocolate cereal.

ARLENE said...

I have never made rice krispie treats, but yours have me salivating. And the Nutella finish must put them over the top.

Julie M. said...

Yum! Simple yet delicious. My kind of treat!

5 Star Foodie said...

Scrumptious with nutella drizzle! And that giant rice krispy is very cool.

Pretend Chef said...

This is a kicked up rice krispie treat and one I know I'd love. Amazing. I need to give these a try. Yummy!

Tiffany said...

This looks amazing!! Rice Krispies and chocolate!! You can not go wrong!!

Pam said...

How creative! They look yummy and I know they taste the same! I'm with your husband on the krispy treats!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious way to use nutella I make with peanut butter

Curt said...

Well they look pretty special to me. Years ago, I would sit down with a box of chocolate Rice Krispies and eat 2 huge bowls. I love that stuff.

Now I'm going to have to go get some. And of course use the leftovers to make these treats.

Erin said...

Classic with a twist! Brilliant!

Ann said...

Wow! Talk about spreading the love....this is incredible! How you took a classic and made it new again...

Greg said...

Just in time we went to BJ's and bought Nutella this weekend. I was going to dream up a dessert of some kind.

Sandra said...

Is there anything better than nutella and rice krispie:)) I love this Claudia, fantastic dessert in no time!

Katrina said...

I love rice krispy treats, too. Probably have a dozen or so recipes on my blog. I also like them soft and chewy.
That world's largest one sure doesn't look very soft though, does it?

purabi naha said...

That is very creative! A great way to use the nutella in rice crispies....

Kim Bee said...

This looks so yummy. Mine are always too sticky. I think I overdo the marshmallows. You did great, these are stunning.

la vita รจ bella (life is beautiful) said...

Ciao Claudia! Hope you are doing well! Rice krispy treats + nutella, what an amazing combo. The picture of the large rice krispy treat leaves me speechless. LOL

Kate@Diethood said...

Oh my gosh, with nutella?! That is delicious!!

Roz from 'la bella vita' said...

Totally irresistable with the Nutella drizzled on top! I would dunk them in more Nutella before plopping them in my mouth!

redkathy said...

Nutella makes everything special! Love the photos Claudia. Rice Crispy treats are still a favorite to Red even if he is an adult now!

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

Such fun rice krispie treats!

Maria said...

Love the Nutella drizzle!

Catherine said...

I love rice crispy treats!!! the nutella only kicks it up a notch! Delicious. Blessings, Catherine xo

The Slow Roasted Italian said...

My husband is a Rice Krispies Treat junkie too. I made him a cake out of then for his birthday this year.

But, Nutella... That is my favorite, on anything... Or with a spoon. ; )

First time on your blog. I love it and am your newest follower!

briarrose said...

Yes.....I totally could be addicted to these. Yummy.

The Farmers Wife said...

Those look so addictive... And totally something special! Love this recipe!

Claudia said...

My daughter would go wild - she loves her Krispie treats and she would adore the giant Krispie! (And she's all grown up!)

TheChocolatePriestess said...

Is that a real giant rice krispy treat? And if so, why? How do they keep it from rotting or being eaten by animals?

Victoria said...

How can you say these are "nothing special?" They certainly look more enticing than any other rice crispy treats I've seen! And drizzling Nutella over the top is just the best final touch! In fact, I think I need some Nutella now...

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Ohh how delicious!! Love this recipe and your pictures are making me salivate!! :)

Reeni said...

Nothing special? I think so! With the chocolate and nutella - these are dreamy!