Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats with Nutella Drizzle

Monday, August 1, 2011

My husband is a Krispy treat love an easy to make anytime buttery flavored kind of cookie candy fun! Mine are just a little different, we like them ooey gooey and soft! A childhood special treat and great memory of mom is making rice krispie treats. This are just all dressed up and delicious with a little drizzle of nutella! These Chocolate rice krispie treats with nutella are just scrumptious!





These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate








These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate and collage on how to make them











These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate



If you're a big fan of Rice Krispie Treats these are the WOW factor!




This recipe for rice krispie treats is not like any other you have had! They are rich and decadent!


I like to think of my childhood treats that are no bake and mom made as "all dressed up" and decked out!


These rice krispie treats are made with chocolate rice krispies and then drizzled with a decadent Nutella on top hazelnut chocolate.


Yes they are certainly a delicious version of my childhood favorite of regular rice krispie treats!


I think Mom would have loved my version too! She was a big hazelnut fan.




These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate




These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate




You can choose to use Nutella or other toppings!




If you're not a fan of hazelnut, try some ice cream toppings. A dark hot fudge sauce heated and then drizzled over the top!


You can try my Kahlua hot fudge sauce. It's decadent and for adults only!


If you decide to buy store bought, always look for the thicker jarred kinds. Caramel Dulce, over the top is amazing too!



These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate


Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats with Nutella Drizzle Pin for later






These are a bar cookie no bake with chocolate rice krispies, marshmallow and Nutella drizzled over the topped. They are layered bars on top of each other with wax paper in between them on a white plate


Great Childhood Memories




Of course you can just make the original recipe using plain rice krispies if you aren't a huge chocolate fan. I love the original rice krispie treats as well!



As a child mom always made them. She also made other variations I provided those links below.



Either way you will love these rice krispie treats if you're a Nutella fan. A little messy but oh so delicious!



Tips: use only fresh marshmallows and cereal. When pouring the hot mixture into a parchment lined pan ( square baking pan) I like to pat it down with a spatula and to make them evenly pressed together. Cool before cutting if you can wait!



The last thing I do is drizzle some nutella on top.. these never last a day!



Check out my Peanut Butter Krispie Recipe and My Peanut Butter Egg Recipe, they are both awesome!




Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats with Nutella Drizzle

prep time: 10 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 25 mins

ingredients:

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter

10 oz bag of mini marshmallows

6 cups chocolate rice krispy cereal or use regular if you want to make the original style

Nutella

instructions:

I use a heavy duty sauce pan, melt the butter on low, I NEVER use margarine. There is extra butter than the normal recipe (that you see on other web recipes) the extra amount of butter will keep them softer, I prefer this softer kind than the hard versions. These are soft and gooey like we both like them.

I love chocolate krispy cereal so I use that kind instead of the white version.

So here it is. Melt the butter, add the marshmallows, stir constantly until just melted, do not scorch or over cook, or your squares will be hard as a rock. Add the cereal, blending together quickly. Pour into parchment lined pan. I prefer using a square small pan to make them thicker.



Tips: use only fresh marshmallows and cereal. When pouring the hot mixture into a parchment lined pan ( square baking pan) I like to pat it down with a spatula and to make them evenly pressed together. Cool before cutting if you can wait!

calories
110
fat (grams)
5
carbs (grams)
11
protein (grams)
5
sugar (grams)
7
Created using The Recipes Generator

34 comments

  1. I love Rice Krispie treats and love Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be totally addicted too! I'd like to have one of those greedy crispy bars right now. Bye, have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this way of preparing Rice Krispie treats. I wish I had thought of it. It's almost like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup with the chocolate krispies topped with Nutella. These are so gourmet! I can't wait to try them. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually a fan of rice crispy or marshmellow anything but our neighbor brought some chocolate covered rice crispy treats down the other night and I enjoyed them. Yours look very good and I'm sure I'd enjoy them as well - especially with the chocolate cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made rice krispie treats, but yours have me salivating. And the Nutella finish must put them over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Simple yet delicious. My kind of treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrumptious with nutella drizzle! And that giant rice krispy is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a kicked up rice krispie treat and one I know I'd love. Amazing. I need to give these a try. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing!! Rice Krispies and chocolate!! You can not go wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creative! They look yummy and I know they taste the same! I'm with your husband on the krispy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious way to use nutella I make with peanut butter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well they look pretty special to me. Years ago, I would sit down with a box of chocolate Rice Krispies and eat 2 huge bowls. I love that stuff.

    Now I'm going to have to go get some. And of course use the leftovers to make these treats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic with a twist! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Talk about spreading the love....this is incredible! How you took a classic and made it new again...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just in time we went to BJ's and bought Nutella this weekend. I was going to dream up a dessert of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there anything better than nutella and rice krispie:)) I love this Claudia, fantastic dessert in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love rice krispy treats, too. Probably have a dozen or so recipes on my blog. I also like them soft and chewy.
    That world's largest one sure doesn't look very soft though, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is very creative! A great way to use the nutella in rice crispies....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so yummy. Mine are always too sticky. I think I overdo the marshmallows. You did great, these are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ciao Claudia! Hope you are doing well! Rice krispy treats + nutella, what an amazing combo. The picture of the large rice krispy treat leaves me speechless. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, with nutella?! That is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally irresistable with the Nutella drizzled on top! I would dunk them in more Nutella before plopping them in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nutella makes everything special! Love the photos Claudia. Rice Crispy treats are still a favorite to Red even if he is an adult now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love rice crispy treats!!! the nutella only kicks it up a notch! Delicious. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. My husband is a Rice Krispies Treat junkie too. I made him a cake out of then for his birthday this year.

    But, Nutella... That is my favorite, on anything... Or with a spoon. ; )

    First time on your blog. I love it and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes.....I totally could be addicted to these. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those look so addictive... And totally something special! Love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My daughter would go wild - she loves her Krispie treats and she would adore the giant Krispie! (And she's all grown up!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Is that a real giant rice krispy treat? And if so, why? How do they keep it from rotting or being eaten by animals?

    ReplyDelete
  30. How can you say these are "nothing special?" They certainly look more enticing than any other rice crispy treats I've seen! And drizzling Nutella over the top is just the best final touch! In fact, I think I need some Nutella now...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ohh how delicious!! Love this recipe and your pictures are making me salivate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nothing special? I think so! With the chocolate and nutella - these are dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia