Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best Ever Ricotta Raspberry Cake

A perfect cake for two people, you and your husband or significant other... or maybe a really really good friend! The cake is light flavored with a wonderful blend of fruit. I have made this with peaches, blueberries, blackberries and cherries... The fresh fruit is mixed with fruit jam of choice. Just amazing cheesecake you will love this!
Cookie Crust bottom:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Mix together until well blended.

In another bowl:
Beat together till smooth:
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
Beat this for 5 minutes

Topping:
3/4 cup fresh whole raspberries
mixed with 2 tablespoon raspberry seedless jam warmed for 10 seconds in the microwave


Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan ( a springform pan) line with parchment paper, cutting a piece for the bottom and making a neck collar then and spray with cooking oil anywhere metal is exposed..
Spoon the first batter into a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan, using floured hands to push up the sides of the pan and spread the dough around evenly.   Add the ricotta filling to the top of the cookie batter. Carefully spoon together raspberries and jam mixture evenly on the batter. To make it swirled you would need to puree slightly the berries then run a knife through the batter in an S formation.   Bake at 350 for at least 50 minutes or until middle is clean with a toothpick.  I add a large pot of water and place inside the oven on another rack above the cheesecake, this keeps it moist. Cool cake completely before removing from the pan. Delicious served plain or with whipped cream.  Refrigerate any leftovers.

34 comments:

Federica said...

Fantastic! This cake is absolutely wonderful. I love cakes with ricotta cheese and fruit, especially berries, and yours is very tempting. I'm mouthwatering :D! Bye, have a good day

Kim Bee said...

This is gorgeous Claudia. Love, love, love it. Such a beautiful recipe. Bet it tastes even better than it looks.

Dzoli said...

You are bad influence on my budget.Raspberries are not coming into my garden for some more months,and so I am off to buy frozen onesa..because after reading this I can not escape..no way:))

Dawnie @ The Coach's Wife's Kitchen said...

I have a dinner party I am suppose to bring the dessert for tomorrow... This sounds perfect. Thanks so much for sharing

Greg said...

I love raspberries. With just my wife and I at home this is perfect. Usually when we have a dessert we end up taking it to work because there is no way we can eat it all.

Leticia's Cook Book said...

What a wonderful recipe, Claudia! It must be incredible and makes me want to make some right now. You're amazing!

Lizzy said...

Oh, this looks incredible, Claudia!!! And I love the petite size because I'd have trouble resisting this winner :)

Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

This looks so delicious! Love the smaller size.

Curry and Comfort said...

That looks incredible!! My family would love this cheesecake. I'm stumbling it now. : )

Yesim said...

It looks amazing... And sounds easy to make but i m not sure, what u think?? :)

Pretend Chef said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I would love a slice of this right now.

Dominique said...

There's no doubt in my mind, I WILL be trying out this recipe. Anything made with ricotta is delicious, but a cheesecake is one of my favourite deserts of all time!

Shia said...

This looks amazing!!! It just looks so gooey and delicious!!!

Roz from 'la bella vita' said...

Oh Claudia, it certainly does look and sound like the best ever! I've got all the ingredients on hand (seriously, I do!). I'll post my results and give you a big shout out for inspiring me! hugs, Roz

Joanne said...

It looks so good. I have a TON of Ricotta in the fridge and was wondering what to do with it. Great ideas come from your site, Claudia. :)

Trix said...

So pretty and colorful! I love the idea of a cheesecake built for two!

Claudia said...

I have all the ingredients. It's kismet.

FOODESSA said...

You can never go wrong in luring my tummy your way...especially when there's cake involved with Ricotta and berries ;o)

Ciao for now,
Claudia

anthony stemke said...

I'm definatly going to make this, we love ricotta.

Kelly said...

Ricotta and raspberry are two of my favourite ingredients - this cake is very appealing to me!

Drick said...

that is just beautiful Claudia, and a dessert I think I could make... love the options of fruit flavors... another one going in my favorites...

Reeni said...

This is gorgeous! I love all that fresh fruit with ricotta - so delectable!

Elisabeth said...

I love your gorgeous raspberry ricotta cake, even more than a cream cheese cake. So pretty, and fantastic color, and light cheese flavor. Love the recipe...I really appreciate that you shared this, Claudia:DDD

Vicki Bensinger said...

This sounds so good. I saw a previous post of yours discussing a ricotta cake. I've never had one but it sounds incredible. I can't wait to try it.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I can see why you call this the best ever! It looks amazingly delicious!!

bookcasefoodie said...

Ricotta is a cheese that performs miracles and mixed with raspberries, sounds delicious.

Sandra said...

This is a besutiful cheesecake, love the raspberries.

marla said...

Love this ricotta cheese cake, especially with all those raspberries.

raquel erecipe said...

this surely hit with my family...easy to make too. =)

The Slow Roasted Italian said...

Oh wow! This looks absolutely amazing!!!

Ellie said...

:) It is the name of this recipe I love "Best Ever Ricotta Raspberry Cake"!! My kids say that to me all the time. "Best sauce ever mom" I will have to make this just because of the name (and it looks delishious)!!!

Denny said...

This looks absolutely delicious. Can't wait to try this! TY Claudia.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! I'm wondering how it got to be such a high cheesecake.

Magic of Spice said...

What a gorgeous cake!