Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple and Rice



This is a quick delicious meal we just love,  if you occasionally need a change from the usual, you just found it!


4 boneless chicken breasts cut up in cubes
2 tablespoon sesame oil or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne pepper
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks reserve juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
reserved pineapple juice
3 to 4 tablespoons rice vinegar or regular vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup chopped green or red peppers or both

In a large fry pan, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Season with salt, peppers. Reduce heat and simmer with water covered 30 minutes.
In a small bowl mix corn starch, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple liquid and stir. Add sauce to chicken in fry pan cook stirring constantly until clear and thickened. Add pepper and pineapple. Cook 10 minutes... Serve over fluffy boiled white rice.


Don't Forget to enter my two giveaways !!!!!!! There's still time!
Backyard Giveaway here @What's Cookin Italian Style Cuisine Click Here to Enter and
Blogsgotheart Joy Bauer new released books and check out her buffalo chicken chili! Click Here to enter!

28 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

The pineapple adds the perfect twang!

DD said...

that's a great combination!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!
Food Blog News Daily
Good Food Recipes

alison said...

looks very scrumptious,love your combination!

StephenC said...

I proselytize about buying whole chickens. Hope you did that and had another use for the remaining parts. Looks like a lovely recipe.

Federica said...

What an unusual recipe for me! I'm curious about the combination of pineapple with chicken, I never tried it. This dish looks very scrumptious. Bye dear, hope you have a great we

Mary said...

What a lovely version of sweet and sour chicken. This is one of those dishes that is universally popular. It sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pretend Chef said...

My kind of meal. I love sweet and sour chicken but have never made it at home. I need to give this a try and save some money from takeout. This looks delicious. Yummy!

Pam said...

This is seriously delicious! Love those flavors!!!!

Lyndsey said...

This is perfect! Funny, but I have some chicken in the fridge just waiting to be used in a different way and I have some fresh pineapple! Good to go!

redkathy said...

I love meals that enable us to use what's on hand. This is a tasty sweet and sour chicken recipe Claudia. I like the cayenne pepper for a bit of heat too, thanks for the tip!

Have a great weekend

Reeni said...

I love the sweet and savory flavors of this Claudia! Completely delicious!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels said...

I LOVE sweet and sour chicken. It's one of my absolute favorites. Yours looks amazing. I wish I had this for dinner instead! :)

Three-Cookies said...

This looks simple and delicious. I love sweet and sour but never made it at home, not yet! Thanks for the inspiration

Drick said...

I think this is a great change-up too, like the pepper in there myself and I know this will taste great

Mari said...

This looks very good. I love this combination of sweet and sour and most of all to be served with rice.

Have a great week :)

Greg said...

I haven't had sweet and sour chicken in years. Might have to give this a try.

Ann said...

I'm not usually a sweet and sour person...but this looks tasty!

Kim Bee said...

Great recipe. Looks absolutely delicious.

Catherine said...

Dear Claudia, I love sweet and sour chicken and this sounds delish!! Blessings, Catherine

Erin said...

Sweet and sour chicken is a great take out dish, but this looks so much better!

My Little Space said...

What a delicious meal! And the giveaway sounds great. Btw, Joy Bauer just wrote to me yesterday. Did you join their Affliate program?
Kristy

Magic of Spice said...

My youngest would just love this dish...all hi favorites :)

Rosita Vargas said...

excellent comprehensive chicken recipe I loved it, looks very nice and strong, I love your kitchen, affection and hugs.

Maureen said...

What a delicious and easy dish! I love quick meals like this. Thanks!

Five Finicky Eaters said...

Looks great! We are always looking for sweet and sour recipes. The kids favorite chicken dish.

Five Finicky Eaters said...

Looks great. We are always looking for sweet and sour chicken recipes - the kids favorite dish.

Veronica Gantley said...

Oh Claudia, I think you outdid yourself with this one.

Skylar Wolfe said...

Looks delicious. Love sweet and sour with pretty much any meat, yum