Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Raspberry Coconut Cream Tart

One of my favorite desserts and being Easter was two days before my birthday this year... so I treated myself..
so here is my 
 Happy Birthday  Tart  for me!  



Tart Dough Recipe  Click Here

Coconut Cream Filling  Click Here
Directions
1 tart shell baked
1 coconut cream pie filling recipe
1/2 triple berry topping by smuckers or use my recipe below 
Whipped cream
1/2 cup toasted coconut ( see directions under coconut cream pie filling recipe above)
 1 shot Chambord (optional)
regular sweetened coconut for garnish

In a cooled premade and cooked tart shell, brush with Chambord. Spread with the triple berry sauce to the bottom crust. Top with coconut cream pudding, sprinkled with toasted coconut. Top with whipped topping or real whipped cream. Garnish with  mounds of white sweet coconut.
In this picture of the slice,  you will see some jelly beans on top, it was one of our Easter desserts...

Triple Berry Sauce Recipe:
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries
1 cup blueberries
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar add more or less to taste
Pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor, for just a few seconds, allow some chunks to remain. This sauce can be used for many purposes IE, pancakes, waffles, ice cream, etc.
Post a Comment