Curt's Lemon Reggiano Lemon Fried Chicken Guest Post

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My son Curt made this yummy lemon chicken for me for my birthday dinner. It was fabulous. I won't make lemon chicken any other way from now on! Come see why below!








Curt's Recipe for Lemon Reggiano Chicken

4  boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 cup of Italian flavored panko bread crumbs plus 1 cup of regular Italian flavored bread crumbs mixed together
1 cup of milk
olive oil  and canola oil for frying

Lemon Sauce
1/4 cup of parmigiano reggiano cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons of freshly grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon each oregano, garlic powder, black pepper and salt
pinch of rosemary
4 teaspoons lemon juice
mix all above ingredients together set aside.

lemon slices for garnish
fresh parsley for garnish

Heat even amounts of olive oil and canola into a large fry pan ( about 1/2 cup each) till hot.
In a large plastic bag,  add the bread crumbs. Dip chicken into milk then shake into bag. Add chicken to hot oil and fry till brown.  When chicken is done place into a large paper towel lined dish to soak out the grease.  Place the chicken into a pie plate dish. Add  lemon sauce (above) to the top of the chicken.
Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.

30 comments

  1. Wow Claudia.. Nice tangy chicken..

    Well done Curtis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son and his fiancee were very nice to cook for your birthday. This chicken looks good, crispy and very tasty with the lemon-parmesan sauce. You're a great teacher and your son is a diligent student ^__^ Bye, have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy!! What a delicious treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fried chicken looks just yummi :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is a doll! And what a lovely birthday dish...nicely done, Curtis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful when the kids remember us in a special way. The chicken looks delicious. Thanks for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great meal, mixed with family time and love. Days don't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your day was grand. This is one of my favorite meals of all time and if I don't make it regularly - my family gets cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome couple and a yummy dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! How wonderful of your son and fiancee! And what a wonderful chicken dish... I know because I make mine very similar to this! ;) Oh, how I wish I could have a bite of your son's right now though -- Looks delcious!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curtis chicken looks awesome. They make cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chicken is so versatile! I love this lemony sauce for it. A perfect birthday meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my word! This looks like a fabulous recipe. And one that I must try very soon. Happy belated birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday :) the chicken looks delicious :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a quality guest post ;) incredible this chicken and Happy Birthday again :)

    All the best,

    Gera

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lemon and chicken - two of my favorites! This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet that Curt and Jenni made this for your birthday.:)It looks delizioso!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such a wonderful and caring son, and fiance... to make this delicious chicken dish for you.
    Thanks for sharing Curt's amazing recipe:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lucky lady! I would adore having something like this prepared for my bday! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet that they cooked for you! It looks delicious. I'm in for anything with chicken and lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy late Birthday!!! Are they available to rent? They could cook for me anytime!! Love the lemon sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated B-Day my friend.

    I can see once more that great cooking runs in the family and prepared with such joy as well ;o)
    Love that lemon sauce...I shall give it a try ;)

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Curt and Jenni, what a fantastic Birthday meal for your amazing mother...beautiful recipe, I am so impressed :)
    Beautiful lady, again a very Happy Birthday to you and I think you should just celebrate out the rest of the month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nicely done!!! Wonderful and tasty dish, thanks so much for sharing Claudia your guests with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your son's lemon fried chicken recipe sounds like a keeper to me! So sweet of them to make you a birthday dinner, Claudia! I also love the photo of your backyard swimming pool. I'd be in that water every day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow- this is awesome! Love the recipe- thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds like such a lovely recipe - especially with that gorgeous lemon sauce! Thank you for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch - hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia