Saturday, March 12, 2011

Broccoli Rabe, Homemade Sausage, Mushroom Pizza with Fresh Dough


Broccoli Rabe Sausage Pizza

Sauteed broccoli rabe, sausage, mushrooms,  fresh garlic, olive oil, cheeses on fresh pizza dough

Fresh Pizza Dough ( recipe highlighted)


1 lb of fresh pizza dough   or store bought
1 bunch of fresh broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic and olive oil
1 cup mushrooms ( we love baby bella's)
2 cups marinara sauce or your favorite pizza sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 pound sliced homemade hot Italian sausage cooked or store bought
olive oil
mozzarella shredded cheese
grating cheese
oregano
Stretch dough on a greased pizza pan. Let rise around 1/2 hour.
In a large fry pan, saute, 2 tablespoon olive oil with garlic for two minutes. Add sausage, mushrooms, till the sausage is cooked.
Spread  sauce over dough, add broccoli rabe on the pizza  sauce, top with sausage, mushroom and garlic mixture. Add mozzarella and grating cheese on top. Bake till brown and crispy. sprinkle with oregano and more grated cheese if you like.

20 comments:

Swathi said...

Awesome pizza with homemade sausage and mushroom.

Max said...

Una pizza perfetta, ricca di gusto e profumo, buon we.

Angie's Recipes said...

Even though I just had my lunch, I still could eat a couple wedges of your pizza. Wow you even made your own sausages...amazing!

Melynda said...

Looks wonderful. Can't wait to make your dough, thanks!

VE said...

Sausage and broccoli rabe has to be one of my favorite flavor combinations.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Nothing like fresh pizza dough - and super impressed with homemade sausage!!

marla said...

Beautiful pizza - loving those toppings!

Claudia said...

That's just dripping with goodness. I was going to add a little broccoli rabe to my soup tonight - now I think I'll fashion a pizza to go with it and add it on the pizza al;ong with your bellas. You gave me early morning inspiration!

Max said...

Tank!!! A presto.

Parsley Sage said...

brocoli pizza? what a neat idea!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious your pizza dough looks wonderful

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels said...

Wow your perfect looks sooo good. I've never had broccoli rabe on pizza before. I'll have to try that. :)

Patti said...

Looks delish Claudia! Those flavors go so well together!

Angela said...

I love the idea of the broccoli rabe on the pizza! Delicous.

Magic of Spice said...

Now I want pizza :)

ARLENE said...

I'm having withdrawal--my internet connection here in Florida is dreadful--so I was doubly pleased to be able to get online and to see this work of art. I adore broccoli rabe and sausage and mushrooms and pizza and the combination--wow! There's a pizzeria at home that makes a white pizza with broccoli rabe and, of all things, ravioli. That's good, but this is great.

Reeni said...

What delicious toppings for pizza! Love it.

roz said...

Home-made pizza with fresh dough is so much better than commercially prepared! Mushrooms are on your mind too, Claudia! YUM-MO!!!!!

Trix said...

I don't think I've had broccoli rabe on pizza, but I love it so I bet it would be delish.

Ann said...

I dunno, Claudia - that looks awfully good! I bet it was equally delicious!