No Knead Artisan Bread

Monday, January 10, 2011
Artisan bread is a style of bread with a short shelf-life bread that is usually made and eaten the same day for the perfect full fresh taste it gives.


The bread requires virtually no tools done by hand in minutes and rises with very little work.


This is all homemade from scratch but you can use all store-bought and can really be made into any shape you prefer


The bread can also be used for toasting leftover and delicious with a dab of your favorite preserves or melted butter spread on it


Scroll down to check out our easy instructions in our printable recipe card.



easy one bowl Artisan french bread toasted









Quick and Easy Artisan Bread



This is a great way to make homemade bread without any fuss at all.


Mix, rise it and bake.


I have even used this dough to make Artisan pizza with it and it's delicious.



artisan french bread in a basket


Step By Step Easy French Bread

  1. blend all ingredients in a bowl
  2. cover with plastic wrap for at least 2 hours
  3. preheat oven to 450, shape loaves rise for 1 more hour
  4. slash in the center with razor blad and bake for 30 minutes

artisan pizza


Additional Toppings:



  1. sesame seeds
  2. caraway seeds
  3. poppy seeds
  4. fennel seeds
  5. dried herbs, asiago cheese shredded



how to make Artisan bread


Other Bread Shapes to Make:

  1. bagels
  2. French bread 
  3. round
  4. flatbread
  5. pizza
  6. garlic bread
  7. rolls
  8. braided


Artisan bread pizza


More Recipes To Try



5 Stuffed French Bread Pizza


Grilled or Oven Baked Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza


Pin for later



pin for later Artisan bread


Artisan Bread within 3 1/2 Hours



Remember this is an airy bread mixed by hand in a bowl then risen and baked there is nothing to it.


The bread is perfect served with stews and soups, toasted, made into pizza or whatever your creativeness desires.


no-knead bread, Artisan bread, bread recipes, easy bread recipes, quick bread recipes
Artisan bread recipes, easy bread recipes, fast bread, one bowl bread no-knead bread
French, Italian, American
Yield: 2
Author: Claudia Lamascolo
No Knead Artisan Fench Bread

No Knead Artisan Fench Bread

Here is a quick no-knead Artisan bread recipe we have made for years and super easy in around 3 1/2 hours time with virtually no work involved!.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 30 MinInactive time: 3 H & 30 MTotal time: 4 H & 4 M

Ingredients

  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 - 1/2 teaspoon pink or kosher salt
  • 1 1/4  cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon yeast
  • Optional: sesame seeds for the top
  • Egg white beaten

Instructions

  1. In a large glass mixing bowl, mix all ingredients in the bowl until it's blended evenly.
  2. Place plastic wrap on top and let rise until double around 2 -1/2 hours.
  3. Stir it down. and let it sit in the bowl for around 15 minutes.
  4. Shape into two long French stick bread shapes or whatever you want to use to mold it cast iron sauce pots work also, well greased.
  5. Let rise covering with a heavily floured cloth. for 1 hour.
  6. In the meantime preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
  7. Cut the center of the bread with a sharp razor.
  8. Place a pan of ice cubes on a deep roasting pan in the oven to create steam while baking the bread ( add more if melts while baking to the pan)
  9. If using the sesame seeds brush tops with egg whites and sprinkles seeds before baking.
  10. Bake the bread in the preheated oven of  450 degrees until browned on top. this usually takes around 30 minutes depending on your size loaf.

Notes:

Other Bread Shapes to Make:

  1. bagels
  2. French bread 
  3. round
  4. flatbread
  5. pizza
  6. garlic bread
  7. rolls
  8. braided




Pin for later





More Recipes We Love



Mom's Foccacia

Pizza Dough

Panzerotti

No Knead Bread





43 comments

  1. I can almost smell it from here. I agree, freshly baked bread is always the best the first day and straight out of the oven is even better. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, this bread looks wonderful! I am the same way, I rather eat homemade, hot bread over any dessert..:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Claudia! I started baking this last year and it's really a wonderful way to go. It also keeps really well in the freezer where it can be turned into an amazing pizza or flatbread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bread looks tempting Claudia ! and it's on my making list also..thx for sharing it.. worthed to try ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful claudia, very nice bread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudia, I printed off this recipe eons ago...but still haven't attempted to bake it. I think I finally will! THANKS for the push :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I'm going to have to share with my little sister who is on a new bread-making kick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To make bread at home is simply fantastic! It looks very soft, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bread - I do Jim Sullivan's original no-knead all winter long. The hardest thing is the patience! Yours is tantalizing me. Time to make the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No knead bread is easy to make them.But i secretly love the feeling to kneading the dough. This loaf looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good idea! I make this type of bread, but I never kept the dough in refrigerator. Next time I will do so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bread so much that I could eat it instead of dinner and sometimes do ;) This looks so easy to make with just a few ingredients! Looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love homemade bread, so much better than store bought. This loaf looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. bread looks delicious looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bread looks gorgeous, sounds wonderful freshly baked!

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing loaf! I want some! :) Thank you for the tip on refrigerating the dough .. I will start doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of having all that dough at your beck and call! Nothing compares to homemade bread! So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of just breaking off pieces of dough to have fresh bread every day for a couple of weeks.. this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the idea of no kneading. Almost sounds like the miracle bread. Now this is a must try. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Must try this--it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. But kneading helps me vent stress! I suppose I'll make this bread when alls good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this bread - straightforward and simple, yet it looks absolutely delicious!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it that you can make it ahead of time! I've been hearing so much about this no-knead bread that I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Homemade bread is a great weakness to have. ;) This looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My kind of bread, no need to knead!

    Would love a warm slice of this with some melted butter spread on top!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Delicious! No problem eating it the same day. With the lovely smell of fresh baked bread in the house, who could resist.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No kneading for aromatic fresh bread...a pure delight and magic for my tummy ;o)

    I have yet to make my own bread...and can't wait until I finally break through to the other side ;o)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks delicious, and I love the no-knead!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bread looks great! The no knead recipe is surprisingly simple and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This bread looks amazing, warm slices with a bit of oil and pepper...I may dream of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so brilliant for having this ready at the word, 'go!' The crust looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You had me at no-knead! I'm very much a beginner when it comes to baking but this recipe is straightforward and has definitely helped me hone my skills. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely my kind of bread. Love the no mess no fuss bread and yes any bread in our house is gone in a day. Love the rustic look!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These types of breads are my favourite. My kneading skills are not that great, so whenever I see no-knead, I'm all over it. We used this bread for homemade french toast and it was delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like the perfect bread. The recipe currently use requires overnight rest so I prefer your version! Saving to give it a try asap! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how no-fuss this recipe is. So easy to put together in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Freshly baked homemade is THE BEST! I will give your recipe a try. Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love bread and thank you for making it so easy to do! I truly love that it's so simple to make even for beginners!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The best bread to use for a breakfast toast with some butter and jam. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this no knead artisan bread. Perfect and easy to put together

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is the perfect recipe for homemade bread because of how simple it is! I love that it comes together so easily without a lot of fuss. Great recipe to keep!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia