Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grilled Portabello Mushrooms with Tomato Zucchini Marsala

I just decided it's time to make something not so heavy, comfort is one thing, but trying to take off unwanted weight is alot of work! So this is light, very flavorful and a great side dish if you wish!




 1 or more sliced  Zucchini's
 1 lb Portabello Mushrooms
 2 Fresh Plum Tomatoes
 Parmesan Cheese
 1 clove minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
fresh parsley sprigs
a pinch of rosemary
 1/4 cup Marsala wine
 Italian flavored bread crumbs
 salt, pepper to taste
 Tin foil
 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
 cooking spray

Spread a large piece of tin foil out on a cookie sheet. Spray with lightly with cooking spray.  Start with mushrooms, add zucchini, sliced tomato. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and herbs. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and more bread crumbs, drizzle olive oil over the top. Around the sides and bottom of the foil add wine, seal tightly. Place  insdie the oven on 350 till tender or on the grill, for around 15 to 20 minutes till the veggies softened. Serve immediately.

25 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks simply delightful and flavoursome! The sauce sounds really great.

succulento said...

Woow! That's great!

Belinda said...

Haha. Yeah, I have my annual physical right after the holidays (stupid move) and hate it every year when they tell me my weight is up, so this is a nice meal to counter that.

Trix said...

This could serve as a main course for me - maybe over some polenta!

Rosemary said...

That looks like a big fat sandwich - without the bread! Great light meal!

FabiolousCookingDay said...

mouth watering

FabiolousCookingDay said...

mouth watering

Swathi said...

I want to try with Marsala , this recipe sounds delicious.

Swathi said...

I want to try with Marsala , this recipe sounds delicious.

Cucina di Barbara said...

Your style is very mediterranean and I have to say I love it!

Kiss
Barbara

Magic of Spice said...

Actually this is my idea of comfort food :) Looks fantastic!

Drick said...

side dish? looks like a meal to me, maybe throw in a few shellfish to go with all those great flavors created here and I would be more than happy...

Reeni said...

What a delicious veggie dish Claudia! I could eat that as my main dish and be very happy! Thank you for the sweet comments on my pictures - I wish foodgawker thought the same! They hardly ever accept any of them.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Claudia,

Looks like a nice quick to fix meal!

redkathy said...

Perfect Claudia. I love veggies. Could totally live without beef. The guys would be pissed so I can go that far but looks delicious and we all need a few light, healthy meals after the holidays.

alison said...

a great treat,claudia@

Lizzy said...

I know what you mean about post holiday meals...this sounds perfect with the added bonus of being delicious!!! Thanks!

Sandra said...

Claudia this is perfect! I love how it looks and the fact that it is healthy!
Awesome job!

Diethood.com said...

That has to be the perfect veggie dish! WOW! I would have this as my main meal.

mywanderingspoon said...

Looks wonderful...I can eat this right now..Thanks for posting:)

cake said...

So colorful and healthy without being bland thankfully. Looks marvellous :)
________________
www.cakewhiz.com

something_good said...

buzzed! great combination

Elisabeth said...

You've given me quite a great tip to grill more great stuff, along with my grilled polenta, Claudia.
Love the yummy combination, and the recipe!

Claudia said...

I could eat it for dinner. I love portabellos for their meatiness and especially love them grilled.

Squeaky Gourmet said...

makes my mouth water just reading this!
YUM!