Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pecan Turtle Thumbprint or Jam Thumbprint Cookies

Just when I thought I made my last favorite cookie, I find another one I love I forgot on this large list of cookies, thumprints. This year I thought lets try a different filling. My husband loves the combo of caramel and chocolate. I tried one cookie filled with that mixture, the next thing I knew, the jam thumprints got only one pan made of them and the rest became the turtle cookies...I personally love the red raspberry , but he said nope turtles all the way!
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1  cup butter, softened
1/3 cup butter flavored crisco
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream plus two tablespoons
1 egg yolk
Filling:
Jams of choice, red raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, pineapple, lemon curd, orange marmalade, cherry perserves, etc. I  love these filled with 1/4 of a  caramel ( cut a whole square into four pieces),  mini chocolate chips, and  pecans, its like a turtle cookie, after baking for 10 minutes, fill with the turtle filling, put back into oven until caramel melts, around 7 more minutes.
Cookie Dough:
Combine all ingredients and mix together, until it forms a perfect ball. No refrigeration neccessary.

 Preheat oven to 350 F.
Roll into balls. With the bottom of a floured finger make an indentation in the center. Place on parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Fill with jam, perserves or  my second favorite: add one cut piece of solid square caramels( cut in four pieces) , a few mini chocolate chips and  topped with chopped  pecans!  Then bake for another 5 minutes till set not browned. Cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.


For 24 different cookies recipes click here...... Happy baking!

11 comments:

alison said...

looks magic!merry christmas ,claudia to you and yours!

My Little Space said...

Hmm...mm... lovely! Still busy with some bakings. Love your thumbrpint cookies. Hope you're having a wonderful day and enjoy your holiday with your family.
Merry Christmas & Happy New year to you & your family!
Blessings, Kristy

angsarap said...

I love those cookies! Specially the pecans

♥The Sweet Life♥ (Alessandra) said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at these.The jam looks delicious.

Melynda said...

You have shared so many wonderful recipes! I wish to thank you for your hard work (I know blogs take time) and wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Diethood.com said...

How pretty! I love thumbprint cookies... yours sound incredible!

Mother Rimmy said...

What a fantastic idea! I adore caramel, and the combination of chocolate and caramel pleases everyone, doesn't it? Have a wonderful holiday!

Kristi

Mother Rimmy said...

What a fantastic idea! I adore caramel, and the combination of chocolate and caramel pleases everyone, doesn't it? Have a wonderful holiday!

Kristi

Evan B said...

Beautiful cookies! Your thumbprints held their shape wonderfully.. I hope you have a fabulous holiday with your friends and family!

Trix said...

Girl, you are a cookie making machine! Or should I say - a cookie monster? lol.

Kathy Gori said...

I love this cookie recipe. I'm going to have to make these as Alan loves these cookies