Saturday, December 25, 2010

Buon Natale! Italian Christmas Day Menu From What's Cookin Italian Cuisine

Waking up to the smell of fresh coffee isn't the usual today, nope, it's the  garlicy smell of that Leg of Lamb roasting in a low oven , that started out cooking around  midnight.  Herbs smells, sauce bubbling, meatballs frying, these are what  surroundings are like this morning.  A warm feeling I can't begin to describe when thinking back to  special moments in time with  Mom, Dad, Grandma and  my two brothers growing up. Today is just different without them but a smile in my heart knowing they started this all and we carry on those traditions to our children. .... Buon Natale to all my family and friends may your table be full of fine food and  made with love!!


                                    Can it be possible that 30 yrs. just flew by?

All Grown up, so proud of my two men!


 The only thing missing now,  is some little feet running around to tear open the presents, oh how I miss those days!  Now waiting for the grand kids to come~ someday.
Our day will be starting with breakfast around 10am.

Gnocchi or
Lasagna (Traditionally served Christmas Day) we have both this year!



                                                      Limoncello
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake



I can't begin to count my blessings. I hope you and yours have the most loving, amazing family Christmas holiday making the most  of every minute, cherishing the memories that will be etched in your mind throughout your lifetime and talked about for generations to come....Buon Natale Ciao,  Claudia and Family Curt, Jenni, Nemo, Claudia and Chad ... from What's Cookin Italian Cuisine

13 comments:

My Little Space said...

Wow, what a feast! Merry Christmas to you.
Kristy

LookyTasty said...

Ooo the food looks great! Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

I just grab few minutes with my coffee until my munchies wake up to check new posts:)) food at your table look fantastic! What a feast?!
Merry Christmas!

Tania said...

Love Italian menu!
Merry Christmas!

Diethood.com said...

Beautiful pictures! You must be so proud of your family. By the way, you had time to make breakfast?!? Superwoman! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Torviewtoronto said...

looks like a feast have wonderful holiday

katiez said...

How fun to be cooking for a family - and waht wonderful food. I love lamb. We did a duck - and, with only 2 we have enough left for a risotto tonight. Merry Christmas!

Trix said...

I can't believe the awesome spread you put out. Gnocchi AND lasagna!! Wowsa. I want to have Christmas dinner at your house someday. ; )

Victoria said...

My mouth is watering!! I want everything from that amazing-looking breakfast to dessert :) Merry Christmas, Claudia!! xo

Kim Kelly said...

What a beautiful family you have!! Love the pic from 30 years ago... you look like your mom!
Amazing breakfast! I'm loving your palm tree pitcher!

Claudia said...

Oh Claudia - what a feast - of love and spirit. Love the young photo of your little men. It's such a treat to look back... and forward. To remember. And to share the love.

And the food - yes, the lamb, the meatballs, the cheesecake.... you keep the family hearth fires burning!

ezsrecipes.com said...

Lovely family. Your little guys turned into very handsome men. And your feast looks absolutely delicious. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

redkathy said...

Breakfast made the top 9, I can see why, yummy! Congrats and Happy New Year to you friend.