Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lemon Basil Ricotta Pasta Recipe

A lemon basil cheesey  flavored pasta!

1 lb Linguine, Perciatelli, or other pasta of choice
1 15-ounce package (about 2 cups) or fresh homemade Ricotta cheese
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon butter
zest of 1 lemon
juice of half the lemon no seeds
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 loosely packed basil leaves, sliced thin

Boil  a saucepan  of water with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta. Cook till al dente. Set aside tossed with 2 tablespoons of butter.

In a large saucepan,  mix together the remaining ingredients, excluding the basil and ricotta.  Slowly stir the ricotta and then basil.
Add the  buttered pasta and mix well. Serve with garlic bread and salad.

18 comments:

alison said...

looks so tempting ,claudia ,your pasta is always a feast for my eyes!

valerioscialla said...

Wow Claudia, fantastic!! I love ricotta, very good recipe. Best regards

Belinda @zomppa said...

You make it all look so easy. I love that you use homemade ricotta!

Belinda @zomppa said...

You make it all look so easy! I'm impressed - homemade ricotta!

Design Wine and Dine said...

This looks too GOOD! Beautiful, no fail ingredients!!!!

Claudia said...

I am loving the lemon in this. This is indeed one of those recipes you can make at the spur of the moment (if you keep an Italian pantry!). It never fails to soothe. It never fails to delight.

Emily Malloy said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria said...

So simple and fresh, I LOVE ricotta cheese in just about anything! What a great week night meal :)

Magic of Spice said...

Lovely recipe Claudia, love the lemony flavor with the ricotta.
Looks beautiful :)

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

I can eat pasta all day and more with ricotta!

Cheers,

Gera

Julie M. said...

Beautiful Claudia! That looks like a perfect meal. Such a nice touch to make your own ricotta as well!

Drick said...

simple, well maybe not the ricotta - love any creaminess to go with pasta

kathyevgas said...

This is my idea of comfort food! I used to stress out trying to keep a pot of live basil growing on my windowsill in the winter but now the grocery stores here sell live basil all year round so I can make this dish anytime I want. And I want it now!

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

YUMMMY! Claudia, these are some of my favorite flavors... and combined with pasta! What a delicious, tasty, comforting dish!

Mother Rimmy said...

Lemon and basil - wonderful combination!

Suzanne said...

simple but delicious my kind of food.
thanks for the sweet compliments on my new site :)

Foodessa said...

I do love putting this simple and great tasting pasta dish together...especially with Ricotta ;o) The addition of the lemon, is what I will try the next time. Thanks.

Ciao,
Claudia

Elisabeth said...

You are seriously torturing me with this amazing dish. I love, love, ricotta on pasta, and with the basil, and lemon...oh, my, oh, my...I'm drooling over here at my end!
Gotta make this dish, since I have all the ingredients on hand, and just have a small, tiny portion for me!