One Stop Cookie Shop Recipes

Friday, November 27, 2020
The most wonderful time of the year, it really is especially to motivate baking cookies.

We just love the holiday season and usually start early, sometimes even as early as July, you heard of Christmas in July right?

Usually right after Thanksgiving or a few days before we start cookie baking day, and below you will find all are must-makes every year.

They all freeze great and I do have to keep an eye on them or they will all vanish before the holiday comes these cookies are all family favorites.

We have all the popular cookie jar cookies and some a little fancier, everyone has a different favorite cookie they enjoy and we usually make them all.

There are 24 kinds of cookies to choose from here for you today to choose from and if you don't see one you like check out my 25 Holiday Cookie Recipes.

It's like having your own cookie cookbook right here and that's why we call it our One Stop Cookie Shop!

Every year our family gets together to bake cookies.

My family in Utica, New York calls it their cookie bake day, and every year they set one day aside to make them all.

Here in Florida where I live sometimes, we have cookie exchanges but most of the time I usually pace myself for a whole month baking one at a time.

We also have favorite candy like Peanut Brittle, Salted Crack Candy, Coconut Rum Bon Bon Amaretto Pistachio Fudge, Rum Balls, Oreo Cookie Balls they're all perfect for gift-giving in pretty tins.

If you really get stuck for gift giving try my filled Mason Jars that have dried soups and other fun ideas to give to hard to buy folks.

If you don't see your favorite cookie chances are you will find it by searching my blog on here in the top right corner.

Enjoy! Happy baking and have a delicious holiday baking season there is something for everyone here do not miss my tips on mailing cookies, freezing cookies, and storing them!

















this is how to prepare for a cookie baking day for Christmas there are 24 different kinds of Italian cookies we are making with the family. These cookies will ship well to family in New York. The table is set up with various baskets, tins and boxes of Christmas cookie baked. The recipes are all easy to follow . There are pointsetta on the table with gold foil and Christmas ornaments for a festive look with a white table cloth this is how to make 24 different kinds of Christmas cookies






The Most Wonderful Time of the YEAR!



Building traditions, bonding with family and making memories that will last through generations to come and through our lifetimes.






this is how to prepare for a cookie baking day for Christmas. We are all making different kinds.  there are 24 different kinds of Italian cookies we are making with the family. These cookies will ship well to family in New York. The table is set up with various baskets, tins and boxes of Christmas cookie baked. The recipes are all easy to follow . There are pointsetta on the table with gold foil and Christmas ornaments for a festive look with a white table cloth we all make our own christmas cookies we love




Tips

  • For mailing cookies: store each flavor in individual zip lock bags, place them on bubble wrap tape altogether then mail them in a heavy cardboard shoebox or whatever will fit
  •  For freezing cookies: leave them single on parchment paper or wax paper and freeze until solid then place them in freezer bags add the not so study ones in plastic containers do not store different flavors together they should all be separated
  • For serving them on cookie trays: place each individual cookie flavors in separated cupcake liners to prevent them from all tasting alike  also to keep hard cookies hard since soft  cookies extract moisture 
  • For stronger flavors cookies: wrap mint or anisette cookies in clear wrap or they may make the whole tray smell or transfer flavors they are very strong extracts
  • Cover the entire tray lining from under the tray then covering the top to keep fresh


This is my family in New York on Cookie Bake Day for Christmas We do ours in Florida and they do theirs. We try and skype or facetime while baking to enjoy each year together baking on bake day.




this is how to make Italian wedding cookies from scratch. This is one of 24 cookies made for the Christmas holiday baking.



Italian Wedding Tray Cookies





This is how to make Raspberry filled Italian Shortbread cookies for holiday time Christmas cookie bake day. The cookies are made with a variety of 24 kinds during the the baking season holiday . these are like a linzer tart with jam in the center peeking out of a cut of star in the cookie



Raspberry Jam Filled Italian Shortbread









Best Ever Snickerdoodles





Almond Paste Cookies




Italian Cafe Almond Paste Cookies





a chocolate meatball cookie made at Christmas with chocolate chips and spices and Italian old classic cookie




Grandma's Chocolate Spice Cookies





italian pizzelle recipe cookie at Christmas these are how to make Italian waffle cookies with lemon or anise flavoring




Grandma's Pizzelle Waffle Cookies





a christmas snowball recipe cookie all butter cookie




Amaretto Butter Cookies










Chocolate No Bake Rum Ball Cookies




these are pistachio ricotta cookies



Pistachio Ricotta Cookies





Girl Scout Copycat Roundup of Recipes



S-Shaped Italian Cookies



Chocolate Amaretti Italian Cookies



Cucidati Italian Fig Cookies



Cinnamon Bun Cookies



Anisette Biscotti

molasses cookies with powdered sugar


Wine Drop Cookies(molasses cookies)





Loft Sugar Cookies



Magic Cookie Bars shortbread crust


Shortbread Magic Cookie Bars





Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal

this is how to make pumpkin whoopie pies with mini chocolate chips for the christmas holiday baking cookie season


Pumpkin Whoopie Pies



this is how to make double chocolate fudge cookies for the chocolate lover for the holiday christmas cookie baing


Double Fudge Chocolate Cookies





Coconut Lemon Squares





Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

this is how to make Italian honey balls called struffoli at Christmas, this is an old Italian tradition that has a fried cookie dough and honey on them with little colored candy balls on top in a christmas shaped foil tin.


Italian Honey Balls Called Struffoli



mom dad my brothers and me as a baby


A special thanks to our late mom Margaret Ann Fanelli Colenzo, where it all began, we love and will miss you always!




Mom's Special Italian Fried Bow Tie or Wand Cookies



More Cookies Recipes You May Like:



Italian Chocolate Fudge Rolls
Cinnamon Butter Cookies
Best Snickerdoodles
Best Cowboy Cookies
Peanut Butter Reindeers
Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips
Banana Oatmeal Cookies






Don't Forget To Pin this Collection!





Try Some Other Creative Holiday Fun Food Recipes:



Best Halloween Ideas


Santa Nutter Butters


Doll Cakes


Christmas Ice Cream Cone Trees


Graham Cracker Christmas House


Ice cream cone Easter Baskets


Tropical Beach Cake


Jello Tropical Cups




Disclosure: This recipe was originally shared in 2010. It was edited and re-published in 2020.

91 comments

  1. Claudia - what a unique spin on the holiday baking party. The wonders of technology, huh? Bookmarked to try some of these delicious cookies at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so much fun and what a great way to keep in touch with family.

    Our big annual Christmas/Holiday party is on the 19th. I wish I had a big freezer so I could start baking now for it. Your post inspires me but I must exercise control with the reality I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bake tons of holiday cookies, but I've finally found someone who outdoes me!!!! FABULOUS assortment...everything looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This spread is ridiculous. I love that you use Skype to maintain these traditions...those wedding cookies and pizelles...any recipes?? Or just send me a whole bunch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me so much of my house when I was growing up. Christmas baking started as soon as the Thanksgiving meal was finished and lasted until Christmas Eve. The last couple of days before Christmas we couldn't eat at the kitchen table because it was covered with cookies and candies, along with console stereo, the card tables and any TV trays we could find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible post, pictures and desserts Claudia!! Good for you and for Foodbuzz that accepted your proposal.
    I don’t know which of the pictures want more- summing up all mmmm (the food of course ;) Skype today is magic!

    All the best,

    Gera

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing display of cookies and a wonderful family tradition! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting together with my family and baking holiday cookies. We do the same as you. It is such a special time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nobody puts together a holiday cookie tray like you do! I have a couple of your cookie recipes from last year that I have printed out and can't wait to get started on and now I can't wait to see your baking projects for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to make the Italian Raspberry Filled Shortbread. I just love the star in the middle. What fun! My daughter and a few friends are joining me for a holiday baking party in a few weeks. I'll have some new recipes to try. Thanks Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! x 24! Great post, great fun, great cookies...some I have had in the past and some I have never seen...truly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claudia your family tradition is so beautiful I love that it has been an ongoing and will continue with the next generation. It's also so great that you use Skype to still be together and enjoy your tradition. All of the cookies look beautiful and delicious. I will be looking through your recipes to try a couple. Happy holidays to you and your beautiful family:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the best assortment of Christmas cookies ever! And what a wonderful family tradition. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kudos on getting your proposal accepted. I love your selection--many are family favorites here, too--and can't wait to try your version of GS mint cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delicious assortment of wonderful cookies. I'll take the rum balls! I'm going to try my hand at making a few of those.
    Great job Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so sweet how you stay connected through Skype while you're all baking! And your cookies have helped put me in the Christmas spirit! Such visions of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Claudia, I'm having a sugar rush just salivating at all the photos, can't wait to go get the recipes, many I think I have already booked marked but I sure don't want to miss any - great idea on the communicating with family and congrats on the FB project - so glad they said 'yes' and not a cold shoulder this time (opps),,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claudia-Are you going away already for the Christmas Holidays?...wishing us a Happy Holiday, or you're just ahead of the game.
    Your family hoiday photos are so nice, everyone looks so happy. The Italian cookie selection is so amazing, and beautiful, I will certainly come back to get the recipes.
    So sweet of you to share your precious holiday family memories, and the amazing Italian cookies, and recipes
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unbelievable!!! Claudia you outdo yourself and everyone else I know!! Love the gorgeous cookie spread, especially the Struffoli, the Cinnabon Rolls and the Nutella Ganache Milano cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi first time here at your blog. Congratulations for being one of the 24. Such a great idea and thanks for sharing all your family favourite cookies,

    ReplyDelete
  21. I may have drooled on my keyboard...just a little. So very many fabulous cookies. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mamma mia Claudia- Gorgeous cookies! What a lovely family. I love each and every cookie. I am going to try out some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. Your family is gorgeous.
    2. These cookies are ridiculous. I need to eat them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Claudia, this is such a wonderful family tradition and wow, so many incredible cookies here. Excellent job with 24x24 post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a loving,delicious post. I will be returning here again and again to partake of these goodies. I love the Skyping! And the gorgeous family connecting - through cookies! Truly wonderful, Claudia - it gets me into the holiday spirit. Your 24x24 post just sounds bells of sweet wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG..... I have found cookie heaven!!
    congratulations on having foodbuzz, choose your idea for the 24 x 24!!
    that is so cool, and you certainly have taken it to a new level with all those incredible cookies!!
    Cheers
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  27. claudia cookies look fabulous lots of them delicious
    looks like you guys had lots of fun too

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful idea for 24x24! I think it is absolutely awesome that you and your family have bake sessions via skype.. gotta love technology! I will absolutely be back for some of these cookie recipes.. I don't even know where to begin because they all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun tradition and wonderful idea for 24x24! It's so cool that you all were able to Skype together. All your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great 24x24 idea! Oh my, before I saw this post I was not sure which cookies I should make. Now I'm convinced I should try a couple of your recipes. They all look delicious.

    Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ohhh Claudia...how I envy that there are great bakers along your side. What a fabulous tradition you have going on. I'm a tad bit envious. Care packages like these must be incredibly fun to prepare and receive.

    The roundup of cookies have brought back some memories of cookies my Nonna in Italy used to make. I'm going to have to give your list a lot more attention before I finalize my Christmas cookie baking. I'm just praying I get around to all this baking I'm looking forward to doing ;o)

    Thanks for this fabulous treat.

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice post. It totally brought back memories especially when I spied what you called "wedding cookie" and the honey balls (my favorite).

    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice post. It totally brought back memories especially when I spied what you called "wedding cookie" and the honey balls (my favorite).

    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a lot of cookies! My family and I would do this every year before christmas, I'm sad to have missed it since I moved away. I love your homemade Girl Scout cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow - now that's an impressive round-up of cookies! I'm drooling over the chocolate peanut butter patties - yum. I'm bookmarking this for when baking time comes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. good grief, that's a lot of cookies. and they all look delicious! December really is the month of cookies and you are certainly in the lead with this lot! congrats with your 24x24!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great post...love your cookie helpers, so adorable :)
    And what a line of of cookies, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all so much for all your kindness and support on this post hope you all have a fabulous Holiday and I am looking forward to seeing all your latest posts...happy cooking and baking !

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm blown away by the caramel delites, which look just like I remember from the Girl Scouts (though I haven't had one in like 10 years). I am so certain yours are better! What a fun post for 24x24!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow Claudia, you really put on a cookie event! Great collection of Christmas cookies.

    And congratulations on the FB 24 event, always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is just so wonderful. It is so nice to have family food traditions. All the cookies look so good, and I'm sure they taste great. Thanks for sharing photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! This is some cookie line up! I love the Italian Wedding Tray Cookies. My grandma always made them.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Claudia, I'm a bit behind and so happy I'm catching up. This is one post I would have hated to miss. What a fabulous family and some of the best cookies I've ever seen... Reminds me of my grandma. Hope you have plenty of family time this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow, those are fabulous baked goodies. i've seen some post about a couple of cookies but you totally beat them with the variety you have here. congrats, you really did an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Claudia, this is probably the first time I've been here. And what a way to welcome your readers, with all those delightful cookies. Thanks for sharing, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a great party. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful goodies. You have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What an awesome collection of Christmas cookies and holiday traditions. Thanks for sharing such wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Claudia, YUM! Scrolling through I have no idea which one I want to try the most! What a great baking resource :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. gorgeous post,claudia,to keep your tradition ,generation by generation is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow Claudia! What an impressive lineup of cookies. I have my eyes on those thin mints and peanut butter patties.

    A sweet idea and project baking with family during the holidays via Web cams. Luv it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. the cookies look great. so lovely and such fun. i love traditions like that. wish i had some struffoli now...we are making them this year...the cookies you call wedding cookies, my aunt calls them knot cookies...not sure why! but everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  52. OMG i died and went to cookie heaven.
    what a great way to spend time with family members.
    everything looks so great. bookmarked it, can't wait to try my hand on some of these heavenly cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm so hungry after reading this post! This looked like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Congratulations on a fantastic 24x24 Foodbuzz post. You did an excellent job. I love the fact that you are all able to get together for your yearly baking event, what a wonderful tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  55. This so reminds me of my family and our Italin cookies! I love your blog and idea for these cookies on Foodbuzz. I'll be soon baking my family's Xmas Italian cookies which may have different names than yours, but I can detect the similarities!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a wonderful family tradition - and so great that it continues with the technology we have today! I'm bookmarking your post for when my daughter comes home on Thursday - we Skype, too :) Happy holidays - and congrats on a beautiful 24x24 and Top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a beautiful post!! I haven't started my baking yet this year, and my waistline is so far thanking me! But you have so many tempting treats here. I think I'm inspired!
    Lovely post, and Congrats on the Top 9 today!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow, to say that I am in cookie heaven would be an understatement! What a wonderful tradition. Congrats on the Top 9. Very well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow! You did some serious baking, Claudia! What a fantastic mix of cookie recipes. I'm having difficulties deciding where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh, my..where do I begin:)) All of it look fantastic! Mouthwatering, and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Claudia, what a wonderful way to celebrate and think of family as you are doing it. Some of these I don't have the recipes for, so I'm saving this to try some new ones this coming year. Happy New Years!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  62. Claudia, I think I just died and ended up in cookie heaven! Looking so forward to using some of your recipes. I am also proud to be a part of the YBR Roundup for December. I will be back often to check up on your fabulous eats.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Claudia it's me again:) I love that this was your choice recipe to submit for the YBR best of 2010. This is such a great post and fantastic cookie source!

    ReplyDelete
  64. What an amazing collection of cookies! I only wish I had seen this before Christmas. I'm bookmarking this page for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is the first post that comes up when you go to your profile...I would love it if you would do something like this again in November this year!
    You can never have enough good cookie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Watch my floor hit the ground. Oh MAN, what a feast!! I'd eat until I was sick, but oh, oh so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  67. That is quite the cookie-baking operation--I can't pick which one looks the best.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow, amazing set of cookies! I'm in love, they all look so delicious! I would love one of each :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. OH my goodness Claudia! this is amazing it totally is the one stop cookie shop. wow I'm so impressed and everything is so beautiful and well photographed.

    talk about one great sugar high. well done, thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  70. I remember this from last year...and worth sharing again! What a wonderful collection of holiday goodies~

    ReplyDelete
  71. This reminds me so much of my house when I was growing up. Christmas baking started as soon as the Thanksgiving meal was finished and lasted until Christmas Eve. The last couple of days before Christmas we couldn't eat at the kitchen table because it was covered with cookies and candies, along with console stereo, the card tables and any TV trays we could find.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Now that's a ton of cookies! Everything looks delicious - thanks so much for sharing and congratulations on being selected for Foodbuzz's 24x24!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Beautiful tradicion.
    They look delicious.
    Regards
    Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow!! Thanks for inspiring me every year! Perfect ideas for our cookie exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Those jam filled shortbread cookies look similar to Linzer cookies. We make them every Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Bintu | Recipes From A PantryOctober 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM

    What an amazing collection of cookie recipes! They all look so incredibly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great collection of cookies! I love baking at Christmas and always do a bake exchange with my brothers. Going to try a few of these thisbyear?!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I see a few new options for my holiday cookie tins! They all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  79. What an amazing collection of cookies!! The hardest part will be deciding which ones to try first!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I make tons of cookies every Christmas so this recipe roundup is just what I needed for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Sounds like you really know how to appreciate the holidays! Lots of great choices, I think the chocolate spice sounds especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I LOVE this family tradition. What a great collection of cookie, some I’ve never heard of. Can’t wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a fun (and delicious) round up and so perfect for the upcoming holidays! Though, any time is a good time for cookies, if you ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the variety of flavors in this round up of cookie recipes! If I could, I would open a bakery - cookie shop cookies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  85. How fun to get together and bake cookies as a family. And such a broad range of tasty-looking options too.

    ReplyDelete
  86. This is a great, and huge, list of awesome holiday cookies. I gotta say that those Christmas trees are cute as heck.

    ReplyDelete
  87. What a great tradition to have! All these cookies look so amazing - where will I even start LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I am so happy for the holiday season for this reason! Cookies are like my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I simply love those family photos...bet everyone had fun baking cookies and sweets together, and of course enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia