Friday, November 19, 2010

Amaretto Pumpkin Cheesecake


Amaretto Pumpkin Cheesecake


 As much as I love pumpkin pie this has become a treat for us every year. A traditional pumpkin pie is always made as well, Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without it~ but this is one to add to the list of cheesecakes, so smooth and delicious, it's one of our very favorites!

Crust
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup  cinnamon flavored graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 egg yolk


Filling
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree I love freshly baked pumpkin (as shown above)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon  salt
3- 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons Amaretto
1/8 cup sour cream

Use oven-roasted, fresh pumpkin or good-quality canned pumpkin, not presweetened pumpkin pie filling.

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Amaretto
1 teaspoon sugar

Directions

For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.

Combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and egg yolk together in a large bowl. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Lower temperature on your oven down to 300 degrees .

For the filling: Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, maple syrup, and Amaretto until smooth. Combine with the sour cream and pumpkin mixture. Pour over the prebaked crust. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, Cool.

Reset oven temperature to 350 degrees .
For the topping: Combine the sour cream, Amaretto, and sugar together in a small bowl.
Spread over the cooled cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled. Remove from the springform pan and peel away the parchment paper. I sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the top before serving and a touch of whipped cream.
Printable Recipe

32 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Pecan crust, pumpkin cheese...wow..could I come over for a cup of tea? ;-))

valerioscialla said...

wow what a beautiful pie!! Excuse me but this pie is for thanksgiving day!! Did i have understand well?
Good recipe claudia have a nice WE

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Claudia,
You nailed this one. Home Run!!!

What can be better than a creamy amaretto cheesecake! Amazing!

Bon appetit!
CCR
=:~)

Claudia said...

I love the continuation of flavors in this - the pecans in the pie crust - the maple syrup in the filling. Now this is a cheesecake fit for Thanksgiving!

Joanne said...

Perfect! I love pumpkin pie and one of my favorites is cheesecake. This helps the holiday diet since coupling the pumpkin with the cheesecakes means I only have to eat one piece instead of 2 (pumpkin then cheesecake).
I've got to try this one.

5 Star Foodie said...

What a wonderful treat! I love the amaertto flavor here!

dining room table said...

This is a beautiful pie! I love the combination of pumpkin and cheese. Very new combo to me but worth a try.

jane deere said...

This looks amazing...and perfect for the holidays! I'll have to try it!

elpi said...

Your Amaretto Pumpkin Cheesecake is a decadent, delicious dessert. Smooth and creamy, it is one of the tastiest and most elegant ways to end any meal.

My Little Space said...

Oh my, pumpkin cheesecake sounds terrific for the coming celebration! Thnaks for the recipe.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Enjoy!
Kristy

Lea Ann said...

Love the amaretto addition to this cheesecake. Hope I can find time to make it, if not it will be a great treat after the Holiday.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious cake

Viviane Bauquet Farre- Food and Style said...

The amaretto in this cheesecake is a winner! A fabulous Thanksgiving dessert..

Jane said...

My husband insists he doesn't like pumpkin, but this baby may just the one that wins him over!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels said...

Oh my word! What an incredibly delicious looking cheesecake. Pecans, pumpkin and amaretto?! Amazing! :)

Reeni said...

I'm so glad I'm making pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving or I'd be crying after seeing this! It's cheesecake heaven!

Magic of Spice said...

Wow, this is just fantastic...wonderful flavor combination :)

Kita said...

Looks delicious!

Aggie said...

What a great twist on pumpkin pie! This sounds amazing! I love amaretto.

denise @ quickiesonthedinnertable.yolasite.com said...

This is just Heaven!! I can't imagine a more delectable or beautiful cheesecake! I must try this! Thanks for a gorgeous recipe :)

Patsyk said...

I love pumpkin desserts that seem a little different... sometimes you have to go beyond pie! Looks fabulous!

briarrose said...

Amaretto and maple...just lovely. I can see why this cheesecake has become a tradition. ;)

Brie: Le Grand Fromage said...

my goodness, everything on your Thanksgiving table has amaretto in it!! may i please come next year? i promise to contribute amaretto, too! ;)

Greg said...

This is a gorgeous cheese cake! I wish I could get my family to try something new for the holidays, they always want the traditional meal.

Sandra said...

Looking good!

Curt said...

That is so awesome. I love the pumpkin shaped mold. What a cool looking pie!

Kiri W. said...

Oh wow, that looks so moist and creamy, and I looove amaretto :) You seduce me constantly with your desserts.

Lacy said...

Yum! This sounds delicious with the amaretto addition & the topping! Great recipe!

Kita said...

My step mom loves amaretto! This one looks like a keeper just for her!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie said...

Mmm I love amaretto, but would never think to put it with pumpkin!

Tina said...

Creamy goodness of amaretto and pumpkin? Count me in. Sadly my imagining the flavor just isn't enough to kick my craving for this. Please send fed ex.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

Everything about this cheesecake looks just heavenly!!