Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kitchen Remodeling and A Tail of Two Cats




 Welcome to my New Toy Shop!!! @What's Cookin' Italian Cuisine



    This was a long month to go without water, but well worth the inconvience



Fonzo decided that anything new in the house would have to be inspected for comfort first, so after the cupboards were installed, he slept in them for three weeks while the granite countertops were being made!

Before Pictures!

This original kitchen had white formica cabinets, blue countertops and around 15 years old. From start to finish, between measuring, ordering, making the granite and installation, it's been took a little over a month now. We were without a dishwasher, kitchen sink, cabinets, stove and since its so hard to wash dishes in a tiny sink in your bathroom, or bend over in the bathtub we used paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. Disposable cooking bags for crockpot, aluminum foil for grilling and lots of styrofoam serving bowls.

Once they got everything ripped out of the kitchen, everything went in smoothly.

Catrina was not happy having to be on the porch missing out on all the loud hammering, drilling, to her normal quiet house . She sat there outside on the screen porch,  just starring at the workers all the time they were there.

Wine and Coffee Bar
 My favorite new addition and piece of my new kitchen.  Lots of counterspace to make new and exciting dishes, cappicino/coffee bar,  plus my relaxing shop for the last stop of the day,  wine!  Hope you enjoyed my new journey and got some idea's what a kitchen remodel is like....


26 comments:

Pam said...

Your kitchen looks great and I'm sure you will be enjoying it! Love the counter top. Your cats are cute and that's so typical of them; just like our 2 black ones!

Cookin' Canuck said...

It looks fabulous, Claudia! You are going to have such fun creating new dishes in your kitchen. I'm sure your kitties are happy to have the house quiet again.

Greg said...

I am so jealous. My brother-in-law had a construction business in MI and had to close it down. I am trying to bribe him to come down and do my remodel. He says he has some connections in NC and will see if he can get one of them to come here and do the job for me. Hopefully it will get going soon.

Claudia said...

I am thinking of all the fun ahead of you. I think it looks elegant and inviting - but the fact that it passed the cats' inspection really tells you something!

Drick said...

beautiful new cabinets and clean counters and the new addition is so you ... know you are ready to mess it all up with your great cooking....

Belinda @zomppa said...

Congratulations! How much fun you're going to have playing in your toy store.

Kate said...

It's beautiful, Claudia!! Great job on the design :-) Kate @Kateiscooking

Rico said...

Looks like a successful remodelling even the cat liked it....will be a pleasure to create wonders in something like that.

Tried and Tested Recipes Sharing

alison said...

wow,looks great claudia,i want a kitchen like this !and two cats ,of course,my hus and simon love cats(but the both are allergic:))!

Brie: Le Grand Fromage said...

congrats! it looks lovely! i think the wine and coffee bar would be my favorite, too - especially if it has a section just for amaretto. ;)-

Angie's Recipes said...

Cool! Everything looks so modern.
I love that cat inside the basin...LOL...so cute!

Angie's Recipes said...

2nd look...he (or she) was sitting in the drawer!! One of my cats loves sitting in the basin...and I have to chase her away every time.

Joshua Burgin - New Day, New Way said...

Totally jealous of this kitchen! Just gorgeous!

Reeni said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! Enjoy!

5 Star Foodie said...

Wonderful new additions - your remodeled kitchen looks fantastic!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

So glad your wait is finally over - no water for that long really is no fun :P Love your counter tops and that coffee and wine bar sure is something to sing about!

Kathy Gori said...

congrats on the new kitchen!!!! I know you're really going to have a lot of fun with it.

Angie said...

Congrats on your new kitchen, I love it! Especially the pretty granite

Trix said...

Okay, the wine rack has GOT to be my favorite part!! What fun to have all those new things to play with!! So happy for you!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Best of luck with your new kitchen. What cat kitties as well.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Claudia,
The new kitchen looks great, and so clean. Now you need to start breaking in all that new stuff!
Cats are so inquisitive, I have 3 of them running around here right now!

Bon appetit!
=:~)

May Ling Wu said...

Love to see photos of your cats! Enjoy your new kitchen :)

Magic of Spice said...

It looks so beautiful, congratulations :)

Shelby said...

Yay Claudia! I bet you are having a blast using your new kitchen!

Suzanne said...

your kitchen looks really nice, bet your glad to have it back!

redkathy said...

O Claudia your kitchen is beautiful! I love the granite tops, wish I had them. Bet is was worth the aggrivation of being without. Fonzo is a trip and reminds me of my shepherd some years ago who followed the remodeling crew every where they went. He would lay just outside the work area watching almost all day. When the work was finally complete they said they were gonna miss having a mascot :)