Friday, September 10, 2010

Fresh Peach and Pineapple Grilled Ham Recipe


Peach and Pineapple Grilled Ham

I just love the taste of fresh fruit on ham.
So here is a combined version of  two great fruits, peaches and pineapple,  for a fabulous grilled ham, with a hint of red wine, a perfect flavoring for your ham steaks, or whole ham dinner.

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1 peach or nectarine cut in chunks
1 clove garlic, minced

4 large cooked ham slices cut in half or you can use this over a medium size ham and bake it in the oven.

In a food processor add fruit and puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, red wine, pineapple, peach and garlic. Place the ham in the marinade, turn to coat it, marinade up to 4 hours, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Turn the ham in the marinade as many times as you remember to do so.
On a hot preheated grill, cook ham slices until grill marks on both sides are dark and ham looks like its glazed. If using a whole ham bake as directed on ham instructions using the glaze for the whole ham.

25 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

This is such a classic combination - wonderful for the waning grill days of summer.

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

I too love combining ham with fruit. These look just amazing! You make me wish I had a grill :(

5 Star Foodie said...

The grilled ham sounds fabulous in combination with peaches and pineapple, yum!

Angie's Recipes said...

A great combination of flavours...the pleasant tartness of the tropic fruit perfectly complements the richness of the ham.

bellini valli said...

It is easy to see why this would be a favourite.

Angie said...

That's a really great idea, I would never of thought of!

Evan @swEEts said...

This sounds delicious.. almost like my favorite pizza sans the tomato suace and crust! Pineapple and Ham are like peanut butter and jelly!

Drick said...

oh yeah, I know now how my next ham will be glazed .. forget my Creole brown sugar rub - this is one I will try...

Emily Malloy said...

Oooh man! I have never had peach with ham! You are a GENIUS!

Stella said...

Oh Claudia, this looks wonderful. I feel guilty just looking at it (smile). Yum!

alison said...

ham and fruits ,a lovely combination!

Kathy Gori said...

Looks tasty Claudia! How is the kitchen coming along?

Joanne said...

That looks so good. I haven't found a good vegetarian substitute for ham yet but I could use peaches and pineapple on something else. It looks too good to pass up.

Carla and Michael said...

Great idea! I've always used one or the other all alone. Never thought to pair them together.
Thanks.

Kate said...

What a great combination, Claudia!!! How's the kitchen project? I notice this looked like it was done on the grill... Kate @kateiscooking

Pegasuslegend said...

thanks everyone~
@Kate hoping to be done next week. Still eating on paper plates, grilling and crockpot, dishes in the bathroom sink and tub...can't wait till its done! But will be worth the inconvience...thanks for asking and noticing you are correct!

Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog said...

Adore this because you add a new sweet dimension to the grilled ham, really outstanding! Perfect :)

Have a great weekend,

Gera

Magic of Spice said...

I absolutely love this glaze...and I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new kitchen :) I bet you are going crazy, almost over :)

bella (roz) said...

you are so right, ham is so wonderful paired with fruit. especially pineapple in the summer and cherries in the spring! just love this! Roz

MaryMoh said...

This looks simple and delicious. I love peaches, nectarines and pineapples. I would love to try this. Thanks very much for sharing, Claudia. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Lisa {Authentic Suburban Gourmet } said...

What a simple but wonderful dish! The flavors match up perfectly. Enjoy your weekend!!!

Sippity Sup said...

Congrats on a gorgeous Top 9. It even looks great from Hawaii! GREG

Cristina @ TeenieCakes said...

Beautifully done, Claudia. I could eat ham anytime and any day!

Claudia said...

I'm flying to FL. Love ham. Love stone fruits and you are making the best of the bounty while we have it!

Mother Rimmy said...

I can picture sweet potatoes with this dish. Yum!