Friday, September 3, 2010

Baked Peach Puffed Pancake Recipe and CSN Review~

What a great opportunity to do a review on CSN and their fabulous webpage of awesome merchandise and cheap bedroom furniture , who would have thought this wonderful website had so many things to offer and great prices like this ! They  have so much to choose from from cookware to furniture. There is something for everyone, the assortment and over 200 online stores will have something to offer everyone, take a look  at their Cookware  site it has an  awesome assortment for us foodies, great cookware and lots of kitchenware, my toy store for sure~!


As you all know, I have been busy with a new kitchen which I will need plenty of cookware and new toys from the CSN Cookware site. They will have everything I need to make my kitchen complete~
The easiest way to cook under construction of a new kitchen is disposable everything!
Baked pancake with Chunky Peach Sauce Syrup
Trying to cook in a dismantled kitchen is horrible, yes I know, that's all I am doing is complaining these days and the outcome is worth the wait but man this is hard loving to cook so much! Using disposable plates and cooking utensils is the only way to go, as washing dished in the bathroom sink, is not for me!  I am really impatient, I want to start cooking in my new kitchen. No counter tops and water make it really inconvenient to say the least. So, I keep coming up with idea's other than take out, boy do I hate the weight we are gaining!  It's hard to find healthy alternatives not full of fat and salt. Salads are great but, the funny thing is you crave the comforts foods when you can't have them.... This morning we were lucky to have the day off together since our cruise a few weeks ago. I decided we need to have a quiet breakfast together. So, with all these peaches we bought, I wanted to try a healthier version of a baked pancake with peaches. I make the syrup first since this is to be eaten right away, syrup is at the bottom of the page so.... here it goes!
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
disposable aluminum round tin, cooking spray and disposable bowls. or the best results come from an Iron heavy duty skillet
peach syrup
Heat the oven to 450 degrees  to heat. Melt butter in baking pan of choice.
 In a large bowl or  disposable bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt. Combine all the ingredients together at once using a wire whisk, otherwise, your pancake won't puff. The more  air you beat into the batter, the higher it will rise in the oven.
 Add butter to the disposable pan,  then pour the batter into the  buttered pan and return it to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed and golden. A hot oven is the key to getting this right and must be preheated as directed.

 Chunky Peach Pancake Sauce

1 1/2 cup skinned fresh peaches 1/2 cup pureed and the other half chunky slices
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/3 cup apple juice
1 tablespoon butter
In a saucepan, combine half of the peaches along with all the sugar and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, add butter.
Add rest of fruit and stir well.
Serve warm over pancakes.
I have to tell you this recipe comes out much better in the iron skillet but it was better than fast food any day of the week!  The cast iron diffinitely cook more evenly and higher results will be made.... thanks for reading and don't forget to visit CSN and their wonderful cheap bedroom furniture site~!

24 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

It'll be awesome when you get your kitchen, but in the meantime, this looks healthy and decadent at the same time.

Claudia said...

Claudia - you did this in a disposable kitchen? I bet your getting itchy. Love the use of peaches these days that keep cropping out. haven't made pancakes in a dog's year... now you have me wanting some.

lequan@luvtoeat said...

Hey Claudia,

Your puffed pancake without the peaches on top remind me of my favorite Chinese egg tart pastry. It looks delicious even without the peaches. Although the peaches do make it look glorious. I love how simple your peach sauce is to make. This sounds wonderful! Hope you get to use your new kitchen real soon.

Federica said...

I'm having breakfast now and these pancakes make me mouthwatering. They look delicious dear. Bye, have a wonderful week end

Angie's Recipes said...

The peach puff pancake makes me grin :-)) I love how it looks!

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Claudia, the peaches are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the new kitchen soon!

Bon appetit!
CCR
=:~)

Joanne said...

A terrific easy breakfast with quick clean up. Gotta love that.

Be patient with your kitchen. When it's all done, you'll be in heaven.

Brie: Le Grand Fromage said...

yum, look at all those peaches! good luck finishing your kitchen!

pegasuslegend said...

Thank you everyone, looking forward to not live out of these boxes and a toaster oven, going to be getting more creative for three more weeks yet!

Reeni said...

I would go crazy not being able to cook - but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it. Can't wait until you're in your new kitchen! Your peachy pancakes look positively divine!

Tania said...

I wish I could have them tomorrow for breakfast!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

What a great job adapting to your surroundings. I love the recipe for the pancakes. Surely I could wake up to those.

Audi thanks you by the way!

Bridgett said...

It will be so nice for you to have your kitchen back and more beautiful than ever. I am excited for you! I love your puffed pancake. What a creative idea.

alison said...

delicious ,looks so tempting!

5 Star Foodie said...

Scrumptious pancakes - so excellent with all those peaches!

Torviewtoronto said...

filling dessert delicious

Drick said...

very nice, been seeing a lot of peaches this week - this one sounds great.... know you will be glad for your new kitchen

Lauren Zabaneh said...

this looks soooooo good! disposable doesn't sound so bad! I love throwing dishes away:) i'm sure it will be worth the wait and frustration. THat peach pancake looks like treat, wish I could have one right now!

kennquinn said...

thanks for sharing the step by step procedure, it is very easy to prepare and it is so yummy. hope to hear more. :)

Lisa {Authentic Suburban Gourmet } said...

One of my favorite breakfast foods is the dutch baby pancake and this is just like it. Love the peach addition. Nice job! Enjoy your holiday weekend.

citronetvanille said...

Hmm what to say? I love peaches, so these pancakes are just in line with what I would eat every day. Good luck with the kitchen! I am starting to outgrow mine too!

Mother Rimmy said...

My daughter used to make puff pancakes all the time. They were a big Sunday morning favorite. Even better with peaches!

Foodessa said...

Hubby and I are big on breakfast and brunches. How could I not try making a baked pancake. Great idea...it never crossed my mind ;o)

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

redkathy said...

aaahhh, you have done it again friend. Puffy pancakes and peaches too, genius! Who else would have thought of that one. Under construction = lots of burgers on the grill and cold cereal. Hang in there, you will look back and grin at this frustrating time I'm sure