Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grilled Lime Chicken with Zucchini and Rice

Marinade is a wonderful lime and pineapple bath all day! When I came home to grill this is was tender, juicy and delicious

1 green squash zucchini cut in slices
1 yellow squash cut in slice
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 cup chunk pineapple
6 chicken thighs or 3 breasts sliced in long pieces
1 bell pepper sliced in long pieces
2 limes
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
2 cups plain boiled rice

In a large glass dish place all spices and chicken and mix all together. Squeeze one limes juice all over the chicken. Marinate for at least three hours or overnight.
In a large grill wok pan ( you can find at any store that sells grills) sprayed heavilly with non stick spray oil, place all the vegetables and chicken with oil and seasonings all in the wok, stir fry till chicken is cooked through. Serve over boiled rice and add sesame lime sauce over chicken.

Sesame Lime Sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
2 1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Printable Recipe

17 comments:

alison said...

it's so yummy,claudia,a lot of good ingredients !

Grumpy and HoneyB said...

I love lime - sounds like an awesome marinade. Looks delicious too!

Tania said...

They seem easy to prepare and with a fresh taste, I especially love the sesame lime sauce!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Great bath! This looks awesome.

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

Did you use any of the pineapple juice for your marinade? We are grill-less for the summer, but can wok it indoors! Thanks.

Angie's Recipes said...

Mouthwatering! I love this grilled chicken. And the sesame lime sauce sounds super too.

Mother Rimmy said...

I love how fresh this dish looks! What a great way to use all the summer's fresh produce.

Stella said...

Hey Claudia, this is what I call 'home cookin'! It looks delicious. Ooh, and the photo just made me want to put some rice on the stove...

redkathy said...

Claudia I'm going to make these this week. I love the lime and pineapple combo. Not sure how well the zucchini and squash will go over with the guys. We will see. Thanks for sharing this one!

Bridgett said...

The pineapple and lime marinade sounds heavenly! You have the best recipes and this one would not last long in my home. Yummy!

citronetvanille said...

Hmm lovely chicken with lots of wonderful flavors, a full delicious and well balanced meal!

Joanne said...

My family will go wild over that one, Claudia.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Lime is an amazing thing indeed!

Wonderful flavors here!

Bon appetit~
=:~)

Drick said...

Claudia, now you know this is my kind of cooking - sounds yummy and love the marinade, sounds like something right out of my cookbook....

Magic of Spice said...

What lovely flavors:) Fantastic sauce...

Claudia said...

Oh Claudia - lime, pineapple, chicken, marinating - I am going to do this next week. I can taste it. Which means I must make it!

Rose Whisperer said...

This is a beautiful recipe, Claudia - I love the combination: lime, chicken, zucchini & rice - I love them separately; combined would be sublime! Stacey