Thursday, July 15, 2010

Banana Split Cake Recipe


Banana Split on a Cake Recipe
Make the cake first :
Mix together:
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teas. of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

In another bowl beat well:
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups mashed banana's
1/2 teas of vanilla
4 eggs
optional 1 cup walnuts

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix till all are incorporated. Pour into two well greased square or round pans or make muffins. Bake ar 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until brown and middle is dry when tested with a toothpick. Cool completely
To assemble Banana Split
You will need
Cake slices
Banana's sliced
ice cream your favorite flavor (pictures is vanilla)
strawberry, chocolate and caramel syrup
cherries
whipped cream
nuts
Place cake on a plate, top with ice cream, sliced banana's, pineapple, cherries, and drizzle syrups over the top. Add whipped cream and nuts.

19 comments:

Adventures in Domestic Cooking said...

Looks heavenly!!=)

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love that you put yours on a cake! I'm loving seeing everyone's splits...would prefer to taste test each of them, though.

Daydreamer Desserts said...

That banana split looks amazing! I agree with Belinda, I would much rather be taste testing... ;)

Claudia said...

It's absolutely wonderful, Claudia - I wish I had time because the cause is near and dear to me. Congrats to you for taking it on so masterfully!

Cinnamon-Girl said...

What a scrumptious banana split! And the cake makes it extra special!

Grumpy and HoneyB said...

This is a great cause and I love your split!

Drick said...

nice cake, nice spit but best of all for a much worthy benefit - I too loved Gilda...

Bianca @south bay rants n raves said...

The minute I saw the picture it brought me back to growing up in Long Island where we'd go to Friendly's as kids & share a banana split with my family. I think I'll make this at my end of summer party because it evokes so many memories!

alison said...

looks heavenly,indeed,claudia!

Angie's Recipes said...

What an unique banana split!

MaryMoh said...

A beautiful dessert for a worthy cause!

AppleC said...

Gorgeous. You did a wonderful job on your split.

I had forgotten Gilda Radner passed away from this type of cancer.

I truly hope the feedback is good for this cause. It's so important to support and create awareness.

AppleC said...

I love that you used the banana in the cake! What a way to reduce the fat content. :)

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Looks great and good luck in the contest!

Bon appetit!
=:~)

Lazaro Cooks! said...

The banana split looks fantastic.

Cristina said...

Beautiful banana split cake...very original and a very important and worthy cause.

Magic of Spice said...

Oh wow! Now that is showing off your creative gene:)

Trix said...

This split is a winner in my book!!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Banana split on a cake?! Pure genius! You never fail to amaze me with your creativity! So great that you're putting your talent to good use :)