Monday, July 19, 2010

Chicken and Fresh Green Beans Pomodoro over Linguine



Amazing how wonderful fresh vegetables are. Summer is the time to experience the best of all of them. Right now I had the pleasure to get some fresh picked green beans at the local vegetables stand. There everywhere in Florida along side the roads. So I bought a pound and thought fresh beans, tomatoes garlic and chicken.. the dish was still light and perfect on these hot days. Not to filling or heavy.

Here's the recipe~

4 boneless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
1 pound of fresh green beans cleaned and snipped boiled in salt water on low for an hour
3 cloves minced garlic
6 plum tomatoes sliced in halves
1 1lb can of whole tomatoes pulsed through blender till smooth
2 cups of water
1/2 cup white wine
1 fresh bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme
1/2 cup sliced carrots (they add sweetness to the sauce)
olive oil for sauteing

1 lb of linguine cooked in salt water, to your desired doneness. Toss with 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup of reserved water from cooking linguine in, 2 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of grating cheese and 14 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside, keeping warm.

In a 5 quart saucepan, add olive oil and garlic. Saute chicken in oil for around 4 to 8 minutes turning twice on each side with garlic cloves. Add cooked beans, carrots, spices, wine, all tomatoes. Simmer for around 1/2 hour till vegetables and chicken is cooked through. To serve place linguine on a plate top with chicken and spoon sauce of the top. Add more grating cheese and serve.

27 comments:

alison said...

a very tasty dish in a beautiful new home!

redkathy said...

Hi Claudia, Love this dish! My mom used to make this often, especially when string beans were in season. Only difference was she used boned breasts or sometimes a whole chicken. Either way very tasty!
BTW-Great photo!

Bridgett said...

Now if my mother had made green beans this enticing, I would have happily had a big serving. This looks so fresh and delicious. Your creations are just so comforting.

Angie's Recipes said...

A very healthy and yet nutritious pasta treat! Green beans, tomatoes and chicken..all my favourite ingredients.

Grumpy and HoneyB said...

Looks delicious Claudia. We feasted on so much summer squash last night I couldn't eat much else! I love summer an dfresh veggies too!

alwayswinner786 said...

Very very yummy and delicious recipe! I can't wait to try!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Great and lovely! I don't know why but the garnish looks a fun, light, happy balloon.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Hi Claudia! Now that is my kind of meal, the fresh roadside stands are always a wonderful find!

Bon appetit!
CCR
=:~)

Drick said...

great chicken dish anytime of the year... really like fresh green beans and with the tomatoes too, sounds like a perfect match - like the use of the carrots in the sauce

Tania said...

Green beans are tasty but herbs give more flavor to this dish, great recipe!

Claudia said...

I've been wondering what to do with my green beans from the Farmer's Market - and now I know. Summery-delicious!

momgateway said...

... this lovely dish with green beans excites me...

Cinnamon-Girl said...

This is a summery comfort meal packed with all those fresh veggies! Delicious! Love your new look too!

Magic of Spice said...

OK...I so love FB, I see your post pop over then go and buzz ya...Beautiful dish, love it. The flavors are so perfect here!

Joanne said...

Wonderful recipe. I can taste all the fresh goodness of it.

bunkycooks said...

The veggies are so great this time of year and this dish is perfect to make with the fresh green beans!

Cocina Savant said...

perfect summer dish. the flavors sound perfect and everything looks delicious.

Kathleen said...

This looks like an incredible dish. Now I want it for dinner!!!

JillyAn said...

That REALLY looks good! Straight up comfort food.

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Love the use of fresh veggies. The dish looks so full of flavor.

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

That looks delicious!

Foodessa said...

This is what my Hubby would call a substantial meal. The use of all this freshness can only lead to one great dish...well done ;o)

Have a great day and flavourful wishes, Claudia

Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog said...

Fantastic dish has all the ingredients I love - fundamental the white wine :-)

Cheers,

Gera

My Man's Belly said...

I miss the roadside stands, but I guess I've got the farmer's markets.

This dish looks so yummy for the summer!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Fantastic flavours and sound nutrition, all in one dish! Couldn't ask for more! Thanks for another great recipe :)

Mother Rimmy said...

This is a wonderful way to use the fresh green beans growing in the garden!

Kathy Gori said...

These look great Claudia! I just bought some purple sting beans, wonder how they'd look in this?