Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Curt's Glazed Sesame Chicken Bites Recipe Guest Post

Amazing what chicken breast chunks can turn itself into. So many kinds of delicious ways to cook it! This is a sweet, honey flavored, nutty sweet kind of glazed chicken . It goes great with noodles or rice. One of my son's favorites in Asian foods, and I must say this is a great tasting glaze he put together and better than most restaurants we have had it in. He did a great job in making these bites addicting.... Thanks again Curt!

Tender sweet bites of chicken. My son loves to come up with different sauces, and this is a great combination and so easy to make. Different from Curt's Chicken Wing Feast with four sauces or Curt's Grilled Version for Wings, but a nice change.

3 pieces of chicken breast cut to bite size pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon white wine
1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon rice flour or cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional for heat) we love the heat!

Glaze:
3 tablespoon of sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoon ketchup
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup of white wine or water
toasted sesame seed

Marinate chicken with soy sauce, wine, sugar, sesame oil, salt and pepper and set it aside for at least an hour.
Just before frying mix the 2 kinds of flour together and place chicken and shake in a plastic bag to coat.
Heat oil in a large fry pan, wok or deep fryer.
Fry chicken until golden, drain the oil on a paper towel. Mix all the sauce ingredients together and into lightly oil sprayed clean pan. Heat till boiling and thickens slightly. Add in the chicken and toss it gently until the chicken are evenly coated with the sauce.
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the glazed chicken. Serve with warm with steamed rice.

25 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Ooo! Bet yours is better than any restaurant.

Claudia said...

I am tasting the sesame - one of my favorite flavors. Simple and have all the ingredients - I see this in my future this week!

Aggie said...

My son loves sesame chicken when we eat Chinese out...I need to make him this at home! Looks amazing!

Emily Malloy (Ziegler) said...

You are one lucky mother, this looks divine!

Cinnamon-Girl said...

These look insanely good! I love making my own Chinese food. And this definitely looks better than anything I can buy.

Bridgett said...

I love all of the flavors in these delicious looking chicken bites. I will be trying this out on my husband soon. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

alison said...

that is so delicious!congrats ,curt!

Stella said...

Curt likes yummy stuff (smile). Seriously, the combination of sesame and chicken makes me break my diet when I'm out, and the color of these bites is really beautiful. I want one!

Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog said...

Sweet, nutty and completely glazed chicken - I'm with your son, this is heavenly!!

Excellent recipe and...sesame topping the more the merrier :)

Cheers,

Gera

redkathy said...

Deliciously glazed chicken, my favorite and what a beautiful display! You gotta be lovin' the idea of your son cooking!!!

My Man's Belly said...

These look and sound fantastic! So much better to make this at home than going out and ordering this out.

Mother Rimmy said...

Ooey-gooey! As good as any restaurant and a lot less expensive. :)

citronetvanille said...

Oh look at that rich color and glaze! Curt sure knows how to turn a simple piece of chicken into a piece of art!

Angie's Recipes said...

Boy...look at the chicken bites! Simply finger-licking!

Trix said...

Your son is the sauce king!!!!!!

Shirley said...

You must be one proud Mommy!

Drick said...

mouth watering - you sure that's enough heat, oh, okay, only 3 pieces of chicken, gotcha..... love the glaze Curt

5 Star Foodie said...

The glaze on these looks amazing, yum!

Cocina Savant said...

wow! this looks absolutely delicious. we tried a version of this in a popular chain recently, it was basically chicken nuggets with sauce poured on, so consider yourself lucky!!!! looks delicious.

Tania said...

The glaze has an amazing look, sesame and chicken is too good!

Cookin' Canuck said...

I'm certain that I would be licking every last bit of that glaze off of my fingers. Great job, Curt!

Magic of Spice said...

Fantastic job Curt...looks quite delicious!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Love sesame and that chicken with the glaze looks out of this world delicious!!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

My kind of chicken dish. Looks fantastic.

Cheers!

Debbie said...

Oh I love Sesame Chicken, never had it homemade though. It looks great!