Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Curt's Breakfast Burrito Guest Post

A quick and easy breakfast, perfect to make extras to bring to work the next morning when your in a hurry or pack for the kids for a day out at the park. I am gone all week for meetings, so my son Curt helped me out with another wonderful guest post. These were perfect to reheat on my road trip in the microwave at the hotel I was staying at. They actually keep well too, so I am bringing extra along on ice and am putting them in my hotel refrigerator for the next morning. I know I am getting something healthier and made with love! Will be back by Friday to catch up with all your wonderful posts. So I wanted everyone to know I will be out of the blogisphere for a few days....have a great week to all of you and thanks Curt for another great post for my readers and this awesome breakfast for mom! I love you and my burrito's!


1 package of (10) low carb whole wheat flour tortilla's
1 package of provolone package you will need 10 pieces
1 pound of turkey bacon cooked set aside
4 eggs scrambled in canola oil set aside
Heat tortilla's on a cookie sheet till soft. Add a slice of cheese, scrambled eggs and bacon strips. Place on an oil sprayed piece of aluminum foil and bake on 350 till cheese is bubbling out. Makes 10
Serve with fresh fruit and mint sprigs
Thanks for reading see you all soon!~

16 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

A delicious guest post! I am bookmarking it to try for the weekend brunch. Thanks!

Claudia said...

Doing this. Love the protein in the burrito for staying power during the day and all those flavors. Perfect!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Go Curt!! You're awesome...and these burritos look awesome too.

Drick said...

wow, just what these little packages were meant for - traveling .... nice job Curt, taking care of your mom and a great recipe...

Ruth said...

Sounds like the perfect on the go energy filled snack!! Look forward to seeing you back!

Cinnamon-Girl said...

Delicious burritos! Safe travels!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Great guest post.

Be well

Stella said...

Ooh cheesy! This looks delicious. Curt definitely knows good food. He's quite a carnivore though from what I've noticed. I hope he's eating his beans and fruits too (smile)...

redkathy said...

Have a safe week and some fun between those meetings Claudia, . Looks like Curt takes after Mom, yummy burrito!

5 Star Foodie said...

How yummy! I love the wonderful oozing melted cheese!

Mother Rimmy said...

I love that you start your day with breakfast, so many people don't. It just makes the day go so much better. :)

Tania said...

Hi Claudia!
That stringy cheese makes me hungry!

AppleC said...

Curt get my vote for chef of the week. That Breakfast Burrito looks FAB!

isicilian said...

I'm going to have to purchase a Curt for myself. Is he for sale?

My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a lovely guest post. I'm always on the lookout for easy breakfast ideas and the burritos would fill the bill.
Sam

Kate@Diethood said...

Doesn't that look delicious! YUMMO!