Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mexican Strawberry Margarita Blendrita




In Celebration of Cinco De Mayo coming up on the "fifth of May"
Cheers~
I love fruity drinks and this one is very refreshing on a hot day!
2 cups lime juice
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup triple sec or cointreau
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
Ice
Salt or Sugar (optional garnish for glass)

Fill blender 2/3 with ice. Add ingredients and blend until smooth or if you don't prefer this slushy then leave chunks of ice. Serve in a glass with a salted or sugared rim and fruit kabob. This one has sugared limes, lemons, strawberries, oranges slices and fresh pineapple chunks.

16 comments:

Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Feliz 5 de Mayo or Happy 5 of May with a wonderful - colorful cocktail, I love it :)

Cheers,

Gera

Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog said...

We can celebrate with anticipation with some days beforehand ;)

redkathy said...

Love the lizard! Refreshing and yummy drink!

alison said...

awesome,cheers!

MaryMoh said...

Mmmm...looks refreshing and delicious. Look the cup :D

Cristina @TeenieCakes said...

I could have a couple of these please! I like that margarita glass, so cute! =)

Trix said...

I would really truly like to hang out with you after a couple of these!! That would be a riot. xoxo

Drick said...

perfect - but is that enough tequila?

Mother Rimmy said...

This looks perfect for my Happy Hour Friday posts!

Cinnamon-Girl said...

I could go for one or two of these! We are having an early heat wave!

5 Star Foodie said...

A great drink, I love the lizard on the glass!

Shirley said...

Great presentation Claudia!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo Claudia! That looks absolutely fantastic - I'd love one right now!

Cinda said...

I could have a few of these at the end of the day! Love it and the lizard too.

Brie: Le Grand Fromage said...

i also like the lizard. glad to see some other liquors involved ;)

RisaG said...

Boy does that sound delicious. Mmm...I want a sip!