Curt's Catalina Chicken Guest Post

Saturday, May 15, 2010
this is chicken on grill basted with catalina homemade dressing Grilled Catalina Chicken Curts Style.



this is grilled chicken with catalina dressing After marinade at least for four hours or overnight, the chicken will be so tender with an added nicely flavored sweet glaze. All you need is a nice salad and maybe corn on the cob and you have a quick meal for those on the go!




this is Curt he is making homemade Catalina salad dressing A very busy cook. Curt loves to make marinades. He has tried Italian dressings on steak and many other great-tasting marinades, this one is different, a slightly tomato-based sweet style dressing. This dressing called Catalina can be found in most supermarkets.



this is grilled chicken with catalina homemade dressing
4 boneless chicken breast sliced in half
1 bottle of Catalina Style Dressing or homemade recipe below
Marinade at least for four hours or overnight.
Take Chicken one piece at a time out of the marinade and put onto preheated hot grill Cook on medium heat till chicken is done.




Catalina Homemade Salad Dressing


1/2 vegetable oil or extra virgin oil light tasting

1/4 cup ketchup

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all together and brush the chicken with this. Any dressing leftover can be refrigerator in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.



11 comments

  1. The grilled chicken looks fantastic. I love Catalina dressing. One of my favorites.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Catalina dressing before but damn, it looks good! You've aroused my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I have never had chicken with Catalina dressing before. This looks to die for! I must make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so on my radar. As the summer heats up - so does my work. I am always looking for something simple but flavorful for a quick dinner. I love the idea of this when the corn comes in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so easy and delicious, and the finished product looks like it had to have been more complicated. Saving this idea to try in the future. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so easy and delicious. I will remember this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catalina dressing? I never even thought of that! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great way to get a tasty dinner on the table quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had Catalina dressing in a long time. Now I am curious to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make this with pork chops! The chicken looks great. Tell Kurt I'm inspired and Sunday grilling will be his Catalina Chicken!

    ReplyDelete