Monday, May 3, 2010

Avocado Insalata Bruschetta Recipe

                                      Avocado dressed up Italian Style!

                                Chopped plum or vine ripe tomatoes,
                                 olives, mozzarella, pesto 



            A perfect blend of seasoning for your bread topping!


                                                            Slice down the middle



Stab the pit in the center with a sharp knife, twist it, and it will pop right out.



Scoop out for guacamole dip then mash. Score in several directions to cube. Or if you just want to serve slices, thinly slice the avocado lengthwise.



Avocado Insalata Bruschetta
2 small ripe avocado mashed
juice of 1 large lemon
2 ripe vine tomatoes or plum chopped fine
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons calamata pitted chopped olives
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
Italian Bread slices
fresh basil leaves
Mash avocado, add pesto sauce, oil, salt pepper, some chopped basil on top for garnish if you like. Make Garlic Toast with Italian bread spread with avocado topping, and serve, garnish with fresh basil.

GUACAMOLE DIP
2 ripe avocados

1 teaspoon seasalt
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves finely minced garlic
1/3 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
2 dashes hot pepper sauce (optional)
Wash, peel, pit and mash avocados. Add finely mince the garlic.
Add remaining ingredients. This can be made in a food processor or using a blender.
Serve with crackers and tortilla chips.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

26 comments:

Kathleen said...

This looks like an amazing bruschetta. Love the addition of the avo.

Cookin' Canuck said...

So pretty and fresh! This looks like the perfect dish to eat poolside.

Bridgett said...

I am such an avocado nut that these would not last long around my house.

Federica said...

Original and tasty your bruschetta, I like it ;) Have a nice day

Cinda said...

That's so good! I could eat this all the time.

Grumpy and HoneyB said...

This looks right up my alley (however Grumpy probably wouldn't eat it because of the avocado, picky, picky!) It looks and sounds yummy!

Pam said...

That is one great looking bruschetta! Wish I had a bite or two!

Joy said...

Claudia, this looks awesome. Avocados are in season right now and I've been eating them nonstop :)

Another recipe to add to my list!

Ruth said...

Love, love love
bruschetta! what a great idea to add avocado for a contrast of flavour!!

alison said...

unique manner for a bruschetta!congrats!

Janice said...

ooh yum, all my favourite things, great bruscetta

citronetvanille said...

when avocado is that nicely dressed, cannot refuse it! Great idea for a bruschetta! Perfect for a small bite with a chilled glass of white wine (dry please)

Nicole said...

These are just about all of my fav salad ingredients. No salad is complete to me without an avocado!

Claudia said...

And wouldn't you know it - I'm looking at a ripe avocado! I also do an avocado bruschetta so am in tune with how tasty this. Your scrumptious addition of pesto is inspired. Again - you inspire.

5 Star Foodie said...

I'm loving this bruschetta with avocado, yum!

Shirley said...

Thats a great idea!

Kristi@Ja Cie Kocham said...

I love anything and everything about avocados. This looks so fresh and delicious...I'm getting really hungry :o)

Drick said...

now that's a fancy way of serving avocado...love it

Biren said...

Love the colors in the bruschetta...very light and refreshing!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :)

Rochelle said...

Love avocado! I especially like the idea of putting this on bruschetta! I usually use avocado in salads and in Mexican themed dishes, but this would be great!

Daydreamer Desserts said...

This bruschetta looks so light and refreshing, loving it!

pegasuslegend said...

thank you everyone and Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Tania said...

I have never combined avocado with pesto sauce, I want to try it!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

This is marvellous - a very imaginative use of avocado. Love the fresh summery look and feel of it!

Emily Malloy (formerly Ziegler) said...

This is so creative! I love this dish so much.

Cookin' Canuck said...

This is a fantastic idea for quick and easy appetizers. Avocado, pesto and olives? Yum!

I’d love for you to share this recipe (and any of your other favorite avocado recipes) in the avocado link-up/giveaway that I’m hosting with Kristen of Dine & Dish right now.http://bit.ly/NKF4rk