Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Omelet with Marsala

This chicken has a wonderful taste of marsala and garlic. Something light and quick for a Sunday morning brunch. When we have to work Sundays, my husband needs something between breakfast and lunch foods to keep him full till his dinner at 4pm, which is is break time. This is a hearty breakfast and light lunch that holds him over. Adding provolone cheese and some mushrooms , makes a perfect filling.

The eggs will have a nice buttery flavor



Heat oil to hot before adding eggs.


Beat eggs with some water, they will fluff up nicely.



You can cook the chicken ahead of time if your in a rush over the weekend, then just wake up early Sunday morning and the chicken is ready to fill your omelet~




One chicken breast sliced in long strips
4 eggs
2 tablespoons water
salt, pepper to taste for the eggs
dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup mushrooms (optional)
parsley
2 slices of provolone

Saute chicken ( mushrooms if using) in minced garlic till brown. Add marsala wine and cook till wine cooks down in half. Add butter. Set aside.

In a large fry pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ( splash a drop of water to see if oil is hot) Whisk 4 eggs with, garlic powder, water, salt and pepper, til frothy. Pour eggs into hot pan, keep moving pan to cook from side to side raw egg, flip once. On a large plate, place omelet on the plate fill with chicken, place cheese on top fold over add more chicken on top. Pour juice over the top.

14 comments:

Daydreamer Desserts said...

Hi Claudia, I hope you are feeling better. This sounds simply amazing, I can't wait to try it. :)

Drick said...

I have eating a lot of omelets but never one with chicken strips - a must try... it looks wonderful, as all your recipes do

MaryMoh said...

What a big meaty omelette!!! That can just be my lunch :D

Tania said...

I love the addition of Marsala, I think that your omelets have a good flavor!

Federica said...

I never cook omelette with chicken. It looks very original and tasty ^_^

5 Star Foodie said...

I've never thought to make a chicken omelet, great idea and I love the addition of marsala!

Ruth said...

My kind of breakfast too!!! Great flavours!

Sortachef said...

Man, I used to LIVE on chicken omelettes... I always thought they were the perfect food. But the Marsala part? I think this makes the dish complete. Thanks!

Ruth said...

Just my kind of breakfast...The eggs look just perfect!!

Bridgett said...

Wow, this really kicks up the usual Brunch fare. I love this, especially with the marsala.

Nicole said...

I am always looking for things to add to eggs for my husband. He likes a real big meaty omelette. I never thought to add chicken, great idea! :)

April Cavin said...

Never thought about incorporating chicken marsala in an omlette! Sounds delish :)

frabala.com said...

I like this! Always looking for an omelet which is more that sinlge eggs!

frabala

My Little Space said...

Goody goody goody, love omelette so much! It just easily go with anything and yours look really inviting! yumm....