Italian Style Bread Pudding with Kahlua Hot Fudge Sauce

Thursday, February 18, 2010
I seem to always make my bread puddings when its cold outside, and now I have been wishing for this old time favorite of ours. Inspired by my Grandma who used apples all the time and was great, we adapted a recipe using banana's. You will find my Italian Style Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding as a recent post, and more of a dessert bread pudding, this is our Italian Style Banana Bread Pudding with Kahlua Hot Fudge Sauce.

Our favorite is to serve with hot fudge sauce with Kahlua in it, over the top of the bread pudding, then add whipped cream on top.


Place the ready to cook banana bread pudding into a cookie sheet filled with water.

After pouring the egg mixture over the bread and banana's sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

In the hot milk and sugar, pour in the eggs and whisk together.


Break bread up into pieces, add banana's on top.


2 tablespoon butter, cut in small pieces
2 ripe bananas, finely chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
7 slices Italian day old bread
2 cups evaporated milk
2 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Kahlua (optional)
Hot Fudge Sauce or Caramel Sauce
Whipped Cream
Directions:
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter, sugar and evaporated milk in the microwave until hot. Stir a few times during the heating process. In a large buttered casserole dish place pieces of torn bread on the bottom then place mashed bananas over the bread,set aside.
Whisk eggs,vanilla together, then carefully stir into the hot mixture .
Pour over the bread and banana's. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, dot with remaining butter . Place on a deep cookie sheet with about 1/4 inch of water in pan, bake for 45 minutes on 350 till brown and set.
Serve with hot fudge sauce or caramel sauce homemade or purchase ice cream toppings then add whipped cream to the top.
Hot Fudge Kahlua Sauce1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 tablespoon of Kahlua ( I like to add a little more your by choice, omit vanilla add another 1 1/2 tablespoons)
Combine condensed milk, chocolate and salt in top of double boiler over rapidly boiling water. Stir and cook until chocolate melts and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in water, a little at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Cool slightly and stir in vanilla add Kahlua. Serve.
Printable Recipe

15 comments

  1. OMG, what part of this don't I want, right now! None.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, this is phenomenal - love bead puddings in all forms - but the sauce - oh how delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh stop you're killing me! I have a loaf of crusty bread, going to try preparing your bread pudding. Too bad I don't have any bananas of Kahlua hot fudge :(

    (Hope I have some apples in the kitchen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely divine! Love the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, looks amazing. I can't wait to try the Kahlua Hot Fudge Sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a quick dessert. Love the fudge sauce....yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is possible you make me hungry when I literally have JUST eaten!! I need to go to the gym just looking at this ;) looks amazing - wish I had some to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, this sounds heavenly with banana and that fabulous kahlua hot fudge sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this looks amazing delicious! I'm so exhausted after a few days travelling. Hope that I have some of these right now! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for my dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopped by to say thanks for trying my chicken recipe. I'm so happy you liked it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did you think of this one - it's fabulous ... bread pudding with chocolate sauce? and the kahlua is the kicker...

    ReplyDelete
  13. drooling over this one! I have a weakness for bread and pudding. :)
    Not a Kahlua fan but a caramel sauce I can do. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to use the search option for a recipe you're looking for and thanks for all your kind words and support. We love our readers all the best Claudia