Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pina Colada Dip for Fruit

Here is one of my favorite fruit dips. Serve this dip with fresh fruits. Cut up apples, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, banana, kiwi, orange slices... plus I used all light to make it less calories!
You can choose to make this alcoholic or non alcoholic. Mine has a touch of coconut rum in it.


This also makes a great filling for any cake your making!




Really simple and takes no take at all to make this great dip...Refreshing and addicting.





Pina Colada Fruit Dip
8 oz. can crushed pineapple (fresh and pureed in food processor) or canned in its own juice undrained
3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant coconut instant pudding or sub instant french vanilla and add 2 tablespoons of finely grated coconut put through a food processor
1 tablespoon of coconut for the top for garnish
3/4 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
2 tablespoons of coconut rum optional
In in 3 to 4 cup bowl, combine all ingredients mix well with a whisk. Cover. You can put through a blender for 15 seconds if not mixing by hand. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to blend flavors. Add one tablespoon of coconut on top for garnish. Serve with fruit, pound cake, marshmallows, cookies, graham crackers makes around 2 1/2 cups also great for cake fillings and a dip for coconut shrimp .

+claudia lamascolo  Author

22 comments:

Rochelle said...

I don't usually like Pina Colada as a drink but as a dip for other fruits(like those strawberries, Yum!) it sounds great!

alison said...

claudia,a real delight!

My Little Space said...

Olala... looks so yummy! Perfect for the football night lol!

Drick said...

oh, for a cocoholic in need - really nice dip and yes, I think it would be great as a cake filling...

ARLENE said...

I'll bet this is delicious. I love pina coladas, but they're so fattening, I don't indulge often. This with fruit would be an acceptable indulgence. Yummy.

Jhonny walker said...

delightful...I am surely making this!

Mae said...

Really neat idea - gotta be fun for parties!

Ruth said...

Would love to have this as a cake filling!

Cheah said...

Wow, what a versatile dip.

Trix said...

Hmmm, alcoholic or not, alcoholic or not ... what should I do? Just kidding! You know I will booze it up! Yum!

Claudia said...

I've never made a fruit dip. That will change. Just lovely, Claudia - I love the Pina Colada flavors.

kathyvegas said...

I can definitely see this as a filling for a cake. And as I think about it, I can see other uses...I bet this is a great pie filling with the sliced fruit on top.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Love me some pina colada and this dip looks great!

Mother Rimmy said...

Fantastic! I'm always looking for a new way to serve fruit platters to company. Another great recipe! Thanks!

Cookin' Canuck said...

That sounds like Hawaii in a bowl. Perfect for snacking during the football games!

Miranda said...

wow. what a great idea!!!! this looks terrific!!!

The Cookie Girl said...

This is good stuff!

pegasuslegend said...

Thanks to all of your comments I am truley grateful for your wonderful words and time you took to write me... have a wonderful day!

MaryMoh said...

That's a beautiful dip. I think Ill just dip anything into it...chips, fruits....vegetable sticks.. yum

Laura said...

Wow what a great summery fruit dip. I love Pina Colada :-)

s. stockwell said...

This is a great post! We do a Luau here and that would be a fabulous dip for the big fruit display! Thanks, best from Jefferson's Table.

Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Pina Colada a refreshing drink on my list often :)

Cheers,

Gera