Sunday, December 20, 2009

Truffles with Frangelico



Truffles
1/2 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips or really good chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
2tablespoons Frangelico ( have also used Regular Rum, Baileys, Kaluha, Coconut Rum or Gran Marnier all work well)

The finishing touches are to roll these in at the end variations as follows:
1/4-1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut shredded
1/2 cup macadamia finely crushed or hazel nuts, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, chopped fine.
assorted sugars, sprinkles etc

Truffles:

Put the chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil and then pour it over the chocolate.
Shake the bowl gently to let the cream settle into the chocolate, then cover the bowl with a plate or a lid to allow the chocolate to melt (takes about 5 minutes).
Whisk to mixture until smooth and shiny. Stir in the liqueur. Cover the unit of the chocolate tightly with the wrap and put in a cool place for about two hours to firm up.
Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Use two spoons to drop 1/2 to 1-inch mounds of chocolate on the paper.
Shape them into balls.
Put ground nuts and cocoa/ground chocolate onto seperate plates or bowls, and roll the truffles in the chocolate/and or nuts/coconut or sprinkles or your choice. Use a clean spoon to help you coat them. Refrigerate the truffles until ready to serve.
To serve, gently scoop the truffles out of the cocoa with a fork and put them in small paper cups , keep refrigerated until serving.... these freeze well also.

14 comments:

Claudia said...

I am totally doing this for New years - with amaretto I think. Gorgeous - although mine will probably not turn out so beautiful.

pegasuslegend said...

Thanks @Claudia they are so simple you will be surprised I did do them with Frangelico today and actually rolled most of them in hazelnuts,really good yours will be beautiful!

MaryMoh said...

Yeah...truffles! I just love to see them. Love them but haven't tried making them. Just what I thought I want to make for this Christmas. Hope I still have time to make them.

My Little Space said...

Though I'm not celebrating X'mas I guess these truffles should be some kind of X'mas season favourite goodies! I'm going to make these on the coming Chinese New Year. What do you think? haha...

Drick said...

This is a great recipe - similar to one I make when making candy and treats ... nice touch...

Tasty Trix said...

Your house at the holidays is clearly just one temptation after the next!!! These would be such great gifts.

Jessie said...

I just love truffles! they are so addictive, I have to make these soon :)

TheChocolatePriestess said...

These look beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Tasty Eats At Home said...

These look amazing! I'm always impressed with truffles - I've never made my own.

pegasuslegend said...

@marymoh
@mylittlespace
@drick
@tastytrix
@jessie
@tastyeatsathome
@thechocolatepriestess

So glad you all like this recipe and love your kinds words I appreciate you all so much! merry christmas and have a safe one as well!

ValleyWriter said...

Beautiful!

Mae said...

I made truffles once ages ago with a friend and they turned out terrible. We were joking around too much and mis-measured the sugar and they were way too bitter (dark chocolate). I'll have to try keeping to the recipe next time and try yours ;)

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely truffels Claudia

briarrose said...

Wonderful truffles to tickle the taste buds.