Sunday, November 1, 2009

Margarita Buffalo Chicken Pizza
























A delicious combination, of Buffalo Style Chicken on this delicious Homemade Pizza Crust all the taste, no mess and a great way to eat healthier.

his picture is before I put the mozzarella cheese on it to show you what it looks like before it smothered in the melted cheese....we were so excited to add this to the list as a featured game day food from now on.


Easy to eat with all the flavor, but a much healthier version using chicken breasts and baked.



Every Sunday we have our Traditional 2:00 dinner with Pasta and Traditional Sunday Sauce.
At night or late afternoon, we start picking again with game day foods for whatever sport is in season. My one son and husband loves hot wings, my other son loves pizza. Every week we usually have both. So, this is how this recipe came about. Both were extremely happy with the results. I started out making my homemade dough recipe.. http://pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com/2009/06/pizza-dough.html


Then I made some of our favorite hot sauce the one I used was from (my Buffalo Chicken Salad ).. of course you can use your favorite store bought.. I then took two chicken breasts and sliced them in half so they were thin, put them in the baking pan pour sauce all over them and baked them on 400 degrees for around 30 minutes. When cooled I sliced the chicken in long pieces.

I precooked the dough and made a pizza shell until browned ( this keeps the dough from getting soggy). Then started layering the pizza with slices of chicken, sliced tomatoes, minced garlic, a little sprinkle of garlic powder, fresh basil leaves chopped up and spread on each tomato, grated mozzarella cheese, some blue cheese crumbles and a little blue cheese dressing. Then we thought it looked a little dry, so we put some more hot sauce on the pizza, drizzled some olive oil over the top.



19 comments:

My Little Space said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I like pizzas and my kids love it even more. hehe...

foodlovee said...

I love pizzas, Sunday to your home.

Tasty Trix said...

I LOVE making pizza, and seeing your photo of that oozing cheese makes me wish I had one for breakfast ; )

Tasty Trix said...

Pictures of pizza make me hungry for pizza ... it's a neverending cycle ; )

Mother Rimmy said...

I love making pizza. I have a bread machine that makes a really great whole wheat pizza dough. I can't wait to give this a try. It looks fantastic!

chili said...

Wow! This looks Fantastic! Thanks!

alison said...

one for me,please,it looks so goooood!

Miranda said...

My hubby would be licking this up too! LOL!

Squeaky Gourmet said...

looks fantastic and I like the idea of cooking the dough first~!

oh and GO PATRIOTS--just sayin ;)

Molly said...

that's a great idea, it looks really good...I was going to comment on this on your foodbuzz profile, then I just saw that you posted on someone else's food blog...so here I am. : )

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

Pizz.....ahhhhh! Fo sure!
Saints going to make Bird Gumbo tonight!

pegasuslegend said...

@mylittlespace
@foodlovee
@Tastytrix
@Mother rimmy
@chili
@alison
@Squeaky gourmet
@miranda
@mlly
@ CanjunChefRyan
Thank you all for your imput and kind comments!

5 Star Foodie said...

Pizza sounds wonderful, haven't had one in a while!

April Cavin said...

Can't beat pizza on game day-- one of my faves!

Barbara Bakes said...

Your pizza looks fabulous!

pegasuslegend said...

@5starfoodie
@aprilcavin
@barbara bakes

thanks friend!

Table Talk said...

Barbecue chicken pizza is one of my daughter's favorites...we will have to try your Buffalo Chicken version. Thanks!

pegasuslegend said...

@Table Talk thank you hope you like it as much as my son does...appreciate your comments

marla said...

I so would be munching this if I had it for breakfast right now :)