Friday, September 18, 2009

Italian Style Three Bean Chili with Garlic

A pot full of tomatoes, peppers, garlic and alot of Italian goodness....




Add sour cream, chips, for that Mexican flair!












Well the real authentic Chili of course isn't Italian, but we couldn't cook anything that doesn't have an Italian flair of some kind. So check this out, no onions because I can't eat them, but it does have garlic. My followers can see by now, I don't use onions and if I do I omit them for me...I have no idea what they taste like because as a small child we found out just by touching them it would burn my skin and make me swell. So no onions. Allergic to them , and that's that.

But you onion lovers don't have to suffer just add them in! .. So here is my onion less chili.

Italian Style Chili Recipe
2 cans of kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 16 oz can cut up tomatoes
2 clove of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package of chili seasoning mix
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
2 peppers chopped in small pieces
4 pieces of jalapenos peppers chopped
2 pound of ground sirloin, turkey or sausage
garnish, with sour cream, Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack, Colby and Cheddar cheese shredded

Fry meat in 4 tablespoons of olive oil, add garlic, until pink is gone. Drain off fat. Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook for at least 1 hour on low. Comes out great in a crock pot, except you will need to add 1/2 cup water put on low for 7 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded 4 cheeses ......
If there are any leftovers, use over seashell pasta mozzarella cheese on top~
Post a Comment