Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Double Chocolate, Chocolate Chip or Plain Zucchini Bread Recipe


Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
 This is a plain zucchini bread with chocolate chips
Chocolate or Regular zucchini bread are equally delicious, I have both recipes to share with you, we can't get enough of either one~

When you have an over abundance of zucchini, these cakes freeze well.....













Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe :
3 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
2cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 shredded zucchini's
3/4 cup of mini semi chocolate chips

Grease loaf pan, or muffin tins work great as well, depending on size you may need two loaf pans. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Put all dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk eggs, vanilla, oil, add zucchini. Add dry ingredients until moistened. Add chips last. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes check with toothpick to see if dry in center. Sprinkle with confectionery sugar.
To make plain zucchini bread pictured above See recipe below:
3 eggs
1 c oil
2 c sugar
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
3 c flour
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp bk soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bk powder
1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
1 cup walnut chopped
Proceed with directions above, mixing and baking.

14 comments:

Kathy Gori said...

chocolate and zucchs what's not to like? I'll have to try this. The story of your black and white cookies are tearing a path through Sonoma.Have you seen judy witt francinis recipe for chocolate eggplant cake? it will blow your mind!!~

Kathy Gori said...

I'll have to try this! the story of your black and white cookies is tearing itself through the town of Sonoma. have you seen judy witt franchinis' recipe for chocolate eggplant cake. It'll blow your mind. She's on foodbuzz and facebook.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

This sounds delicious! I don't bake much as I "hate" to follow recipes but have learned the hard way that when you are baking you really should... I'm always looking for recipes that freeze well. So I think I'll give this a try! And, yes, I'll follow the recipe... ;)

Cinnamon-Girl said...

This is one kind of bread that I've never made! I bet it's scrumptious with the chocolate chips!

citronetvanille said...

Oh I never tasted zucchini bread, after my first carrot cake, I might as well try this one! it looks so moist and the chocolate make it very special!

Chef Dennis said...

mmm....chocolate zucchini bread sounds so good!! another great recipe for zucchini's and it is that time of year, we have them everywhere!
thanks for sharing!!

AppleC said...

That just looks and sounds so good. I especially like the cocoa included in the mix.

Joy said...

How funny you posted this, Collin was just buggin me about why I never make him Zucchini bread in which i replied " i dont know how!" well now i know :) hahaha thanks Claudia your zucchini bread looks AWESOME, so moist!

redkathy said...

Hey Claudia, I'm going to try this one for sure. Hubby only eats raw zucchini so maybe I'll can get an extra serving in him with your yummy bread!

Magic of Spice said...

I love zucchini bread, but have never tried to make it (probably because I burn most baked goods, lol) I will have to try this out though:)

Mother Rimmy said...

Love the new blog look! This is the time of year to use up zucchini from our gardens. Love the twist on zucchini bread with chocolate.

Drick said...

running behind on my reading.. working vacation and all ...nice bread, very interesting...like your look

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Wow Claudia! I had no idea what you were up to!! I love the new look and pink is one of my favourite colours so this really pops off the page for me.

Love zucchini and tell me what doesn't taste better with chocolate?

My Little Space said...

Hmm..mm... I think this zucchini bread looks wonderful! I'm going to make one soon. Really mouthwatering. yummm.....
Regards, Kristy