Saturday, September 4, 2010

Incredible Spinach and Artichoke dip

Just a perfect appetizer for kickoff day! Football season is in the air....Let's go JETS JETS JETS ....lucky for me our team kicks off Monday night!



Spinach Dip


(10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and almost pureed
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend mozzarella, asagio etc.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Alfredo sauce homemade or bottled
4 teaspoons parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

Italian Bread crumbs


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small casserole dish, mix the spinach, artichoke hearts, cheeses, powder, mayonnaise, and Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly bubbly and lightly browned.
Note: to make homemade alfredo, take 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of grating cheese and three tablespoons of butter. Melt butter, add cream, cheese and stir.



Football 2







19 comments:

Moogie said...

YUM!!! Great party food.

Chef Chuck said...

Prefect!! This is so tasty and would get your taste buds rolling quick!! I love spinach dip.
Thank you for sharing :)

Reeni said...

What a tasty dip Claudia! One of my favorites and just perfect to snack on while watching the game!

Carla and Michael said...

I do love a good spinach and artichoke dip, and this certainly looks and sounds like one to me. Though I'd have to add the water chestnuts for that crunch factor.
Thanks.

alison said...

a very tasty dip,claudia,with spinach,what a smart idea!

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never made any dip made with artichoke....this one sounds and looks awesome!

christine said...

Wow this is a lovely Spinach and Artichoke dip. Thanks for sharing. If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!

Pam said...

Now that it's football season this is a perfect dip for game day! Thanks for the recipe!

Joanne said...

I love spinach and artichoke dip. There's just one problem: I can't eat it in moderation.
Love the recipe.

City Share said...

Yum! I love spinach and artichoke dip. I have made it before, but never with alfredo sauce. I can only imagine how creamy that would make it.

Joshua said...

I adore anything with artichokes in it. Thanks for the recipe, ideal for the last cookouts of Summer

Mother Rimmy said...

This is my son's first job as head football coach at one of our high schools. Scary! I'll be needing more game day recipes. Thanks! This looks delicious!

alison said...

claudia ,please collect the awards on my blog,they are for all my foodie friends!

Trix said...

This looks great, and it's so versatile - you can it spread it on bread or use it as a dip for veggies or chips. Yum!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love this combo! Let me guess...you're a Jets fan?

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Spinach makes anything a winner for me! Great combination of flavours Claudia!

Foodessa said...

Claudia...this sounds not only incredibly appetizing...but sinful as well ;o)

Thanks for such a crowd pleaser of a recipe ;o)

Ciao for now, Claudia

Christine said...

i'll take care of the widgets. =) email me at christine@foodista.com

zerrin said...

Sounds like a perfect dip! A very appealing combination! As Winter is very close, I will certainly try this.