Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Ultimate Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies




For Coconut and Chocolate lovers! (Shown has coconut, chocolate and white chunks, and pecans.
Hard to stop eating these cookies once you taste just one...... :)

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 plus 2 tablespoons cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract


1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut extract
1 cup total, mixed of milk, semi sweet and white chocolate chunk style pieces or chips
1 cup flaked coconut put in food processer to be shredded fine
1 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts optional







Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the egg then stir in the vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Mix in the all chocolate , coconut and pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place the cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen

11 comments:

Miranda said...

Beautiful cookies. I just made M and M cookies...My kiddos love cookies. I might have to give these a try!!!

Dawn@CocinaSavant said...

These look delicious, I can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing

Daydreamer Desserts said...

These sound so yummy!

Jessie said...

great cookies! I love chocolate chip anything and the addition of coconut makes it even better

citronetvanille said...

Coconut and chocolate and certainly a great combination. I never really made cookies, might try those sometime!

Cookin' Canuck said...

Chocolate and coconut - what a great combination!

Pierce said...

A tropical treat. I would love a few of those with a cup of strong black coffee.

Susan said...

These look good. How many does one batch make? I like that they seem to have less sugar than some recipes that are out there. I do have coconut in my freezer...

Shauna said...

These sound delicious! I love the combination of chocolate and coconut. You really can't go wrong with that!

Butterfly said...

They look so good, I love chocolate cookies and coconut, yummie!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am from Utica.....born on Jay St.!! Moved to Syracuse in 1969 w/my husband, then to Charlotte, NC in 2002for retirement. I am of Italian heritage and I just found your blog and I LOVE it! So many similiar recipes I had forgotten about or never got in the first place! I wish I could find a chocolate chip cookie recipe like those from Zebs!! I always thought theirs had a "coconut" taste, so I'll be baking yours soon! Also wishing for the Carmel Corn sold by the DePerno's at Sylvan Beach...plan to try your carmel corn recipe soon as well! Our cassata is similar to your recipe!! Hugs and Kisses Pies-on (cannot speak or spell in Italian, you know what I mean!) Even though I am 100% Italian, I LOVE choc. chip cookies!