Saturday, May 30, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Baked French Toast



























Baked French Toast
4 cups half-and-half or whole milk
4 eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
4 apples paired and sliced
10 slices of bread
Filling:
Optional fruits can be used , apples, blueberries, banana, peaches use fresh sliced . In a bowl put sliced fruit of choice, add 1 tablespoon flour 4 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of cinnamon, mix set aside.
Beat eggs, milk, sugar, spices, vanilla, together in a seperate bowl set aside.




*OPTIONAL pecans, walnuts or macadamia crushed.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 4 quart pan with nonstick cooking spray, add two tablespoons of butter and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds.






Layer bread like a lasagna, put a layer of bread on the bottom, filling in the middle, end with bread and pour batter over top, allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan, slice, and serve with maple syrupand whipped cream, nuts more fruit, sausage and bacon.

26 comments:

Miranda said...

Yum. French toast is my favorite breakfast dish...This looks fantastic.

By the way, I am offering a giveaway on my site right now....

No-Frills Recipes said...

A wholesome breakfast, too good to refuse.

Laura said...

I love french toast, and with apples.... great fall recipe:)

Chris Nyles said...

How I wish I could have this right now. With coffee, that would be perfect. Yum!

5 Star Foodie said...

French toast with apples sounds absolutely delicious!

Cookin' Canuck said...

This looks so decadent and delicious! What a perfect Sunday brunch dish.

ncl117 said...

WOW - this is an amazing creation!

lasvegasfoodadventures said...

As soon as I saw the cream in the recipe I knew I was coming to your house for breakfast! This looks fantastic!

Table Talk said...

So much better with apples!

pegasuslegend said...

Thank you!

Squeaky Gourmet said...

L♥VE stuffed french toast--looks AWESOME!

Family Cuisine Food And Recipe said...

Honey to go along. Thank you for sharing. Cheers !

Steve @ the black peppercorn said...

I LOVE baked french toast. This looks amazing. Now I want breakfast!

Curt said...

Always a cool feeling to look back at the first post. I'll bet it doesn't seem that long ago!

Ann said...

Wow! This is absolutely incredible! I hate that I can't have cinnamon, but wow!

Kiri W. said...

Oooh, I've never had stuffed French toast of any kind, and what could beat baked apples? That sounds fabulous!

Greg said...

Stuffed is what I will be after I eat this for breakfast.

Nish said...

Wow this looks absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to try this out!

Torviewtoronto said...

toast looks wonderful

Tya @ Note Etc. said...

wow, i love it, this is looks delicious and really perfect for breakfast

cheers

latest Post: http://noteetc.blogspot.com/2012/02/dry-baked-brownies.html

Baker Street said...

I've never tried stuffed french toast but it sounds absolutely divine!

Kiri W. said...

Wow, I have never had stuffed French toast, but apple and cinnamon are some of my absolutely favorite flavors. Looks delicious!

Jaime said...

Absolutely love French toast and this looks like such a great variation!

Cucina49 said...

Loving the flavors in the stuffing--apples and French toast go so well together. I could go for a plateful of this right now.

Tina said...

I do like french toast and the layering of the fruits here does sound like a great way to impart more delicious flavor into this-yum! The apples were a good choice to, even though this recipe is versatile. Well done Claudia!

Lacy @ NYCityEats said...

This sounds soooo amazing! I've never thought to bake apples with a french toast! Seriously love the cinnamon apple combo, will have to try this in the near future! Yum!!